Register Now
kingkhan018

Gaming TV

Most of the time gamers use Gaming Monitor for Gaming and streaming but there are some Gaming Freaks that use Gaming TV's for Gaming and Streaming and no doubt that these people get the best Graphic and views. So what do you guys think about these Gaming TV's.

1.LG CX OLED

2.LG E9 Series 

3.SAMSUNG Q80T QLED

4.Hisense H8G

5.TCL 75R617

Typically, TV's are not ideal for PC gaming. They often don't have the kind of refresh rates modern GPU's a capable off, lack more indigenous features like G-Sync, too large to sit in front of PC gamers tend to do, cumbersome to put on a desk and way more expensive. However, this is definitely a hidden expense for people who are looking t next-gen consoles as compatible TV's (some of which you have listed) are very expensive at the moment. 4k resolution, HDMI 2.1, the latest HDR and a refresh rate of at least 120Hz is what needed to get the best out of a PS5 or XBSX. I found an article from To's Hardware that's got load of great advice on the matter.

https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/best-picks/best-tv-for-ps5-xbox-series-x

23 hours ago, kingkhan018 said:

Most of the time gamers use Gaming Monitor for Gaming and streaming but there are some Gaming Freaks that use Gaming TV's for Gaming and Streaming and no doubt that these people get the best Graphic and views. So what do you guys think about these Gaming TV's.

1.LG CX OLED

2.LG E9 Series 

3.SAMSUNG Q80T QLED

4.Hisense H8G

5.TCL 75R617

So I'm a freak because I use a TV for my monitor?

19 hours ago, Shagger said:

Typically, TV's are not ideal for PC gaming. They often don't have the kind of refresh rates modern GPU's a capable off, lack more indigenous features like G-Sync, too large to sit in front of PC gamers tend to do, cumbersome to put on a desk and way more expensive. However, this is definitely a hidden expense for people who are looking t next-gen consoles as compatible TV's (some of which you have listed) are very expensive at the moment. 4k resolution, HDMI 2.1, the latest HDR and a refresh rate of at least 120Hz is what needed to get the best out of a PS5 or XBSX. I found an article from To's Hardware that's got load of great advice on the matter.

That's not entirely true. The TV I use is immensely faster than any of the gaming monitors available here, has more features, and was a fraction of the price. It was just under $200, whereas gaming monitors are all $800+ by themselves alone. The choice is clear. Also TV's are designed just as much to have lightning fast refresh rate to keep up with television shows, especially live TV, such as sports. I've used a gaming monitor in the very recent past (2 weeks ago), and it couldn't compare to my TV. And that was on the gaming laptop I just bought.

I have an Asus 1080p HD gaming monitor that I got for work, and it works really well. I haven't had any noticeable problems with gaming, no input lag, nothing. As for gaming tv's, I don't own one, but I have a simple TCL 32 Inch 1080p, and I rarely have problems with it, but I know people say to use gaming monitors to get a better refresh rate. I've considered it, but I feel it's not really needed. Maybe when I am making more money, I will invest into an actual 4K gaming TV. I suppose it would be the perfect time with new consoles on the horizon. 

24 minutes ago, skyfire said:

If you have plans for buying something new, wait up till this year ends. A lot of models are due on releasing but taking tis time due to coorona logistic issues. Next year you will find a lot of 4K line of TVs. 

You also can consider Black Friday as an option. Most likely done online this year due to covid, but there may be some good deals on 4K TVs and Gaming TVs/monitors. I'm on the lookout for a 65 inch 4K TV for the living room. But waiting on black Friday to roll around to see what is offered up. 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:34 PM, Shagger said:

I totally agree that the price to performance is definitely some ways off.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:54 AM, The Blackangel said:

So I'm a freak because I use a TV for my monitor?

Not really. I know loads of people who use a TV instead of a gaming monitor.

On 9/29/2020 at 10:06 AM, Kane99 said:

You also can consider Black Friday as an option. Most likely done online this year due to covid, but there may be some good deals on 4K TVs and Gaming TVs/monitors. I'm on the lookout for a 65 inch 4K TV for the living room. But waiting on black Friday to roll around to see what is offered up. 

I was just about to bring up this very same point but with Covid around, everything will mainly be done online. Some of the best deals you'd typically find on electronics is visiting a store though.