Register Now
Kane99

Why do old PS1/PS2 controllers have gross analog sticks?

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Most of my friends were very used to analog when it comes to their racing games but not me. I don't know why I find it very difficult to adjust to the use of analog even till date. 

I believe that it's something that comes naturally with playing using analog. It came quite easy for me but my controller didn't make things easy. 

On 10/20/2021 at 9:03 AM, Boblee said:

They both got damaged almost the same way at the same time. I used to have a lot of friends come over to play with me since I was the only one who owns the console then. 

Ohh, I got it why it damaged faster. But to me frank too, it isn't all that quality kind of controller. If you acquire a quality controller, it should serve you and your friends for some time. 

29 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Ohh, I got it why it damaged faster. But to me frank too, it isn't all that quality kind of controller. If you acquire a quality controller, it should serve you and your friends for some time. 

It's all about how the controller was designed and built by Sony. It's follow come controller that I'm talking about here that got damaged before I had it replaced. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

It's all about how the controller was designed and built by Sony. It's follow come controller that I'm talking about here that got damaged before I had it replaced. 

Hmm, Sony are always known for building quality controllers, I wonder how yours wasn't strong enough to stay longer. I'll simply say, it's used roughly. 

3 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Hmm, Sony are always known for building quality controllers, I wonder how yours wasn't strong enough to stay longer. I'll simply say, it's used roughly. 

They are more of upgrading on their previous generation consoles and all its hardware like its controllers. PS1 and PS5 hardware aren't in any way same level of quality. 

31 minutes ago, Heatman said:

They are more of upgrading on their previous generation consoles and all its hardware like its controllers. PS1 and PS5 hardware aren't in any way same level of quality. 

Yes, the margin of difference is there. Sony must one thing to differentiate one from another, so it will look super quality from the lower franchise console. 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, the margin of difference is there. Sony must one thing to differentiate one from another, so it will look super quality from the lower franchise console. 

Exactly, it's why you have all the cases with their older console versions. But they grew with time and made things a lot more better. 

57 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's why you have all the cases with their older console versions. But they grew with time and made things a lot more better. 

Yes, they are simply trying to make their video game console the best, with the new franchise versions they are sending to the gaming industry. 

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Not their early version of hardware development. Why did mine damage if it was durable especially when I wash careless with it? 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's a typo error, I wanted to write when I wasn't careless with using my hardware. 

I was actually able to read in between the line and picked up what you meant as it was very obvious. 

If controllers are handled with care, they don't damage easily unless on rare occasions. 

On 10/21/2021 at 3:27 PM, Boblee said:

I believe that it's something that comes naturally with playing using analog. It came quite easy for me but my controller didn't make things easy. 

There was an argument with my friends back then on whether the analog is best suited for playing racing games or the other button. 

What's your take on it?