Register Now
Kane99

Why do old PS1/PS2 controllers have gross analog sticks?

1 minute ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's my favourite control button when it comes to playing and enjoying any sort of gaming. I use the other third button, which is the right analog button to perform feint via soccer games. 

Those up and down, left and right side button are my traditional favorite when it comes to controlling my characters. Analog is hard for me to use. 

16 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Those up and down, left and right side button are my traditional favorite when it comes to controlling my characters. Analog is hard for me to use. 

Even my cousins complained such thing too, when we are having fun playing together back in the days. I am comfortable playing with the analog button than the normal side buttons. Everyone has choice, just as you've made your choice known. 

44 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Even my cousins complained such thing too, when we are having fun playing together back in the days. I am comfortable playing with the analog button than the normal side buttons. Everyone has choice, just as you've made your choice known. 

Seriously - till date when it comes to these buttons, I'm not used to analog and I can't help. I can't even get to start learning how to use it at this age. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - till date when it comes to these buttons, I'm not used to analog and I can't help. I can't even get to start learning how to use it at this age. 

I wouldn't tell you to go learn it, you can simply do what you love doing. Because learning it seems like start afresh to master the controller. 

Just now, Head_Hunter said:

I wouldn't tell you to go learn it, you can simply do what you love doing. Because learning it seems like start afresh to master the controller. 

I would only task myself to start learning how to use if the game I'm supposed to play can only be played with using analog. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

I would only task myself to start learning how to use if the game I'm supposed to play can only be played with using analog. 

Yes, but since it isn't a must for any video game you're playing, it doesn't have any meaning or causing hindrance to your gaming time. 

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I think you're mistaking the PS3 controllers with the PS2 ones. The PS2 analogs and controller are way more durable than the gamecube controllers and comparable to the original Xbox controllers.

I know the PS2 controllers very well, most of them aren't strong when you use it to play for some time. It is very flexible at the hands, but can easily develop fault. 

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Hmm, I got what you meant, such can be injurious cos it exposes your fingers to a sharp objects, because it's dangerous. The best thing it's simply to drop it and avoid injuring your hand. 

Yeah - I had to play for a while with it and stopped using it when the injury got too bad. I could have easily stopped playing with it but I was a little addicted then.. 

45 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Yeah - I had to play for a while with it and stopped using it when the injury got too bad. I could have easily stopped playing with it but I was a little addicted then.. 

Why didn't you make use of your other controllers to avoid endangering your fingers. I understand the word 'addiction. It can make you forget some certain things. 

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

Why didn't you make use of your other controllers to avoid endangering your fingers. I understand the word 'addiction. It can make you forget some certain things. 

They both got damaged almost the same way at the same time. I used to have a lot of friends come over to play with me since I was the only one who owns the console then. 

On 10/19/2021 at 6:11 AM, Boblee said:

I played lots of racing games on my Playstation 1 injured and it's strictly with analog that I played with. It really took time for me to adapt to not using it for my racing. 

It's true - it wasn't until the PS2 that analog support for games was really pushed. On the PS1, most of the games I primarily played with D-pad.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's true - it wasn't until the PS2 that analog support for games was really pushed. On the PS1, most of the games I primarily played with D-pad.

Most of my friends were very used to analog when it comes to their racing games but not me. I don't know why I find it very difficult to adjust to the use of analog even till date.