Register Now
Kane99

Why do old PS1/PS2 controllers have gross analog sticks?

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

There was an argument with my friends back then on whether the analog is best suited for playing racing games or the other button. 

What's your take on it? 

As for racing games, I'm very sure that the use of analog would be the best fix but I'm not sure about soccer games. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

As for racing games, I'm very sure that the use of analog would be the best fix but I'm not sure about soccer games. 

Yeah, for racing games, analogs does a perfect job for me. But as for football games, they never work at all. I get my direction wrong completely. 

I've noticed that with one of my PS2 controllers, both analog sticks look and feel a bit sticky to the touch (no pun intended).. I'm not entirely sure why, I don't remember leaving it like that. I did wonder if there was some kind of chemical reaction going on, but then it would likely be happening with other controllers too.

I keep meaning to try and clean it, but haven't got around to it yet.. 😆

On 10/25/2021 at 11:03 PM, Oblivion Knight said:

I've noticed that with one of my PS2 controllers, both analog sticks look and feel a bit sticky to the touch (no pun intended).. I'm not entirely sure why, I don't remember leaving it like that. I did wonder if there was some kind of chemical reaction going on, but then it would likely be happening with other controllers too.

I keep meaning to try and clean it, but haven't got around to it yet.. 😆

It's something that has got to do with the material that's used to make the console controller. It's not the same quality with what we have in PS5 console controller now. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's why change remains constant. Now we have one of the best controllers via the latest video game consoles. Don't be surprised that, in the future like in the next 10 years or 20 years. PS5 controllers will become outdated as well.

Yeah, there is a possibility of such happening as long as the company keeps producing new consoles. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, there is a possibility of such happening as long as the company keeps producing new consoles. 

Yes, and suny plus other video game console manufacturers are eager to move forward. They aren't slowing down from creating more advanced console in the future. 

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their is no passing year without latest development. The world is revolving and their will always be revamp in all ramifications. 

It's how the company works on their console mostly and not their games per say. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's how the company works on their console mostly and not their games per say. 

The console first, when it can access the games which are meant for it without obscurity, then it becomes noteworthy for gamers gaming satisfaction. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The console first, when it can access the games which are meant for it without obscurity, then it becomes noteworthy for gamers gaming satisfaction. 

I believe that it's something that can be done simultaneously by the company if you ask me. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

I believe that it's something that can be done simultaneously by the company if you ask me. 

Once there is resources, the company can push all the projects up at once and run it all to the end. They are definitely holding back in a way.