Register Now
Kane99

Who are the game devs/pubs you respect the most?

11 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I feel like some gaming studios care more than others, but profit is always the end objective.

Yeah, that is what my point is. I am not that blind supporter of unnecessary microtransactions inserted in many AAA games, but we can't even deny that every developer of company is running After money. To keep their share price growing, they need to score better profits each passing quarter. 

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, that is what my point is. I am not that blind supporter of unnecessary microtransactions inserted in many AAA games, but we can't even deny that every developer of company is running After money. To keep their share price growing, they need to score better profits each passing quarter. 

Yeah - it's all their mode of operation which is very understandable because they get into cost making those games. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's all their mode of operation which is very understandable because they get into cost making those games. 

And that has make them more hungry of money. Obviously, to survive in the growing market, you also need to grow with time. At this moment, I guess they had reached their zenith. The actions they are taking will only diminish their status. 

2 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

And that has make them more hungry of money. Obviously, to survive in the growing market, you also need to grow with time. At this moment, I guess they had reached their zenith. The actions they are taking will only diminish their status. 

Exactly - Once they have a maintained pace with how they drift completely toward being all in for the money, they'd build a great deal of confidence from their fans. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - Once they have a maintained pace with how they drift completely toward being all in for the money, they'd build a great deal of confidence from their fans. 

At this moment, if you ask me which developer or publisher I respect the most, definitely EA would not come in that list, but if you ask me which devs/pubs games I play the most, I would say EA. 😆

12 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

At this moment, if you ask me which developer or publisher I respect the most, definitely EA would not come in that list, but if you ask me which devs/pubs games I play the most, I would say EA. 😆

Personally, I'd back Square Enix if I'm being very honest with you. I think they are better than EA with their practices so far. 

16 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I'd back Square Enix if I'm being very honest with you. I think they are better than EA with their practices so far. 

I hardly played one or two games of square Enix. One was mirrors edge, which was jointly published by square Enix and EA. The other one was Automata. Both were good game, though I haven't played any other of their releases.

20 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I hardly played one or two games of square Enix. One was mirrors edge, which was jointly published by square Enix and EA. The other one was Automata. Both were good game, though I haven't played any other of their releases.

No, Square Enix had nothing to do with Mirrors Edge.  It was published by EA and developed by one of EA's in house studios, DICE.

There's probably other Square Enix titles that you have played that your not aware of.  Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Life is Strange, Deus Ex...?

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Nope, Square Enix didn't have any link with making Mirrors Edge, you probably have them mixed up mate. It's all EA completely. 

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

No, Square Enix had nothing to do with Mirrors Edge.  It was published by EA and developed by one of EA's in house studios, DICE.

There's probably other Square Enix titles that you have played that your not aware of.  Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Life is Strange, Deus Ex...?

Exactly - I'm very sure that he's played Final Fantasy series and Tomb Raider. He's fascinated with the puzzles in Tomb Raider. 

5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Oh yeah, I had mistaken DICE to be Square Enix. Thanks for correcting me. 😆

Wait, Tomb Raider is also from square Enix? I thought it was all Ubisoft's work and credit. 🧐

4 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Wait, Tomb Raider is also from square Enix? I thought it was all Ubisoft's work and credit. 🧐

The original games were published by Edios Interactive, until Square Enix bought them out in 2009. So everything from Guardian of Light onwards has be published by Square Enix.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

The original games were published by Edios Interactive, until Square Enix bought them out in 2009. So everything from Guardian of Light onwards has be published by Square Enix.

Guardian of Light was actually a cool game then. I really had a fun time playing it back then. 

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Nope, Ubisoft never came up as part of the game developers but Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix took over the publishing of the games. 

On 9/9/2021 at 11:25 PM, Heatman said:

Nope, Ubisoft never came up as part of the game developers but Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix took over the publishing of the games. 

Oh I see. I am really confused with those publisher contents and their takeovers. I am thankful to you guys for clearing things out, I knew it was from Eidos but never knew that it was taken over by Square Enix. 

Edited by Razor1911