Register Now
Kane99

Who are the game devs/pubs you respect the most?

With all the talk about how certain companies are awful *cough* EA *cough* Ubisoft *cough* It got me thinking. Why not talk about the developers and publishers you actually respect. What studios do you trust? I'd add Nintendo, but sometimes I'm unsure about them. They have made poor decisions in the past. I think SEGA for the most part is a good studio/publisher. They don't seem to get on peoples nerves so much. Yeah they may make a few bad games, but they aren't on the levels of EA or Ubisoft, or 2K etc. 

Kojima is someone I'd add as developer I respect, same with Miyamoto at Nintendo. I have respect for a lot of indie studios as well, as they tend to do most of their work and production/marketing. 

None of them. My respect for a developer and/or publisher beings and ends with the money I spend on thier game. They can take it or leave it. Appreciation is another matter. A terrible publisher/developer can be responsible for a great game, likewise a revered company is also quite capable of doing wrong, take CDPR for example. In the end, the customer's respect for the company is wholly insignificant when compared to the company's respect for the customer.

20 hours ago, Shagger said:

None of them. My respect for a developer and/or publisher beings and ends with the money I spend on thier game. They can take it or leave it. Appreciation is another matter. A terrible publisher/developer can be responsible for a great game, likewise a revered company is also quite capable of doing wrong, take CDPR for example. In the end, the customer's respect for the company is wholly insignificant when compared to the company's respect for the customer.

Well said. It must always be remembered, that respect is only to be EARNED and never to be granted.

I was actually looking to see if anyone would stand in for EA or Ubisoft, then I'd off with my clothes and start fighting immediately 😂

Indie game developers are quite remarkable with what they have been doing in the industry. 

Also, I'd pick Hideo Kojima as well as Naughty Dog. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I was actually looking to see if anyone would stand in for EA or Ubisoft, then I'd off with my clothes and start fighting immediately 😂

Indie game developers are quite remarkable with what they have been doing in the industry. 

Also, I'd pick Hideo Kojima as well as Naughty Dog. 

Nope - we all share the same hatred for EA and Ubisoft's practices. I doubt you'll find a single person who will unconditionally defend EA or Ubisoft on this site.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nope - we all share the same hatred for EA and Ubisoft's practices. I doubt you'll find a single person who will unconditionally defend EA or Ubisoft on this site.

Seriously - don't be surprised if one shoots up in support of EA and Ubisoft because we really have some people who are really twisted by the way they think. 

43 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - don't be surprised if one shoots up in support of EA and Ubisoft because we really have some people who are really twisted by the way they think. 

There's the possibility of a new member doing that but no current members hold EA or Ubisoft in such high esteem.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

There's the possibility of a new member doing that but no current members hold EA or Ubisoft in such high esteem.

I tend to agree with you on this. A newbie most likely to playing EA games wouldn't really know much about them. 

On 10/29/2020 at 9:18 PM, Kane99 said:

With all the talk about how certain companies are awful *cough* EA *cough* Ubisoft *cough* It got me thinking. Why not talk about the developers and publishers you actually respect. What studios do you trust? I'd add Nintendo, but sometimes I'm unsure about them. They have made poor decisions in the past. I think SEGA for the most part is a good studio/publisher. They don't seem to get on peoples nerves so much. Yeah they may make a few bad games, but they aren't on the levels of EA or Ubisoft, or 2K etc. 

Kojima is someone I'd add as developer I respect, same with Miyamoto at Nintendo. I have respect for a lot of indie studios as well, as they tend to do most of their work and production/marketing. 

You are now fan of Sega but you should also know that it is a cyclic process. When Sega would grow that much like EA or ubisoft, they will need for money to run their R&D. Obviously, they will charge higher from the gamers. That's what EA and Ubisoft is doing now. 

No matter how many times we deny, the fact remains the same. All these gaming studios are in the market to maximize their profit. They will do anything to achieve their goals. It's just a matter of time, from when they will start doing it. 

25 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

You are now fan of Sega but you should also know that it is a cyclic process. When Sega would grow that much like EA or ubisoft, they will need for money to run their R&D. Obviously, they will charge higher from the gamers. That's what EA and Ubisoft is doing now. 

No matter how many times we deny, the fact remains the same. All these gaming studios are in the market to maximize their profit. They will do anything to achieve their goals. It's just a matter of time, from when they will start doing it. 

Seriously - It's really a pattern for all of them but the most important thing is that when you are trying to maximize profits, you should also offer something that's worth the gamers money.