Register Now
Kane99

True Crime: Streets of LA

Does anyone remember True Crime: Streets of LA? It was one of the newer competitors to GTA that released back in 2003. I loved the game, from the fun fighting, to the driving and shooting cars to cause them to go flying. Game was a true blast to play. They had a sequel called True Crime: Streets of NY as well, but it wasn't as good as LA. 

The cool thing with these games, is that they eventually became the Sleeping Dogs franchise. Or it was made by the same people. 

truecrime_pcbox.jpgOIP.EIQ3kxmP2tpsX2C-MDWYVQHaEf?pid=Api&rs=1True-Crime-Streets-of-LA.jpg576517-919766_20040525_004.jpg

I played it and it was good.  Everyone thinks or at least assumes it evolved into Sleeping Dogs (which is awesome) although I'm not sure how...  It wasn't made by the same publisher, developer or seemed to share any of the same core directors, writers or producers.  If anyone can tell me how that gap is plugged let me know.

24 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I played it and it was good.  Everyone thinks or at least assumes it evolved into Sleeping Dogs (which is awesome) although I'm not sure how...  It wasn't made by the same publisher, developer or seemed to share any of the same core directors, writers or producers.  If anyone can tell me how that gap is plugged let me know.

Yeah I got that wrong. It's more of a spiritual successor to the True Crime series. Square Enix purchased the rights to it, but decided to not use the True Crime title and went with Sleeping Dogs instead.