Register Now
Kane99

Where are all the 007/James Bond games?

I read an article here at GameIndustryBiz discussing exactly this, and figured I'd make a topic about it. Why isn't it that we haven't gotten a true to form 007/Bond game? You'd think we'd be seeing more 007 themed games now days, especially with how popular the Bond franchise is. 

Maybe they're waiting for a new Bond to be announced. We all know Craig isn't going to be around much longer, as I think the next film is his last. So maybe when a new Bond is selected, we'll get a new game to coincide. What do you guys think? 

It's dead. it was something that most people loved back then that goes with the films but after so many series and games it's old. I mean it's something that people, even myself rather do something new with new meaning and new content. James bond is good but most f the game series is the same old content each time. 

Still once the new film is out in 2025 (I think) they will make games and things for it like other series. 

You know, that's a very good question. I remember playing 007 on the N64 with friends on a Friday night as well as some of the other ones on the PS2 - good times! I'd be inclined to say that they aren't as appealing anymore because they're basically your generic FPS with the occasional James Bond gadget thrown in. James Bond games only focused on the shooting aspect of the bond universe when they're so many more interesting aspects to it. In addition to the gadgets, vehicular combat should also be a main part of James Bond games going forward because we see a lot of that in the movies. They should make the next James Bond game an open-world one and incorporate some aspects of Watch Dogs:Legion and GTA: V into their game.

On 11/15/2020 at 12:01 PM, skyfire said:

I played few of the games in the past but honestly was never fan of the game to be honest. 

Most of the games were mainly generic FPS with a few gimmicks included that had the James Bond title on it. Other than 007 on the N64, I really didn't like the other games either.

19 hours ago, skyfire said:

I figured that. Even worst the graphics. I know if they make something strong today the graphics would be like Assasins creed level. 

The graphics for some of the games were actually good or up to par at the very least. The main issue has always been the lackluster gameplay...

On 12/2/2020 at 1:56 PM, TheSteelyardDweller said:

i almost think more fun would be a game based on austin powers or matt helm movies with a goofy sense of humor

With Doctor Evil and his sharks with freaking laser beams - best game ever! Not to mention his infamous lines, most of us would probably spend more time laughing than actually playing the game.

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

I thought james bond was never humor but more of action mystery type stuff. but none of the game give you that feeling. 

As we said previously, it's just a generic game with the James Bond branding on it. That's all it is...

On 12/5/2020 at 8:14 AM, killamch89 said:

As we said previously, it's just a generic game with the James Bond branding on it. That's all it is.

Yeah kind of like any FPS can be max payne or serious sam, as long as the enemy and scenario matches the brand. ... james bond has literally nothing new in it.