Register Now
Kane99

Medal Of Honor: Above And Beyond Storage Requirements Are Ridiculously Large

This game most certainly better be epic when it is going to run you well over 300GB in storage. Medal of Honor: Above And Beyond is coming out soon, and it's in glorious VR. With that brings some hurdles, in that the new game will require 340GB of space in order to install. Now, imaging how big that will be with a likely day one patch? Or other additional patches? This game is going to eventually take over the SSD. 

Read more about this news here - GameSpot

Games are becoming large on disc space, even for my flight sims, it's using just over 500GB so far on my 1TB SSD drive. I have two good survival games and they are over 100GB 🤣🙄

Games are becoming bigger and bigger and so you can't keep up with storage. My system has almost 5TB in total and still not big enough, the way to deal with that is to have games that you do not play anymore to be removed to make room for games and software that you want. COD is just way to damn crazy really - DAMNNNNNNN

Eventually, I think SSDs and hard drive need to come down in price, especially with how big games have become. I think it's due time for a price decrease. 😄 

But that won't happen. The new consoles storage is going to be eaten up way too fast. They each should have came with a 2tb drive at the least I think. Hell, lets go as big as 5tb. 

I guess you have not seen the market right now in the times of the pandemic and lockdown. Getting even 32 GB pen drive would cost you 20 or so dollars. Imagine we are taking about 1TB or 2TB. It's easy to give boast having money on public forum as if life is whoring business , but things are expensive for normal people.  

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Eventually, I think SSDs and hard drive need to come down in price, especially with how big games have become. I think it's due time for a price decrease. 😄 

But that won't happen. The new consoles storage is going to be eaten up way too fast. They each should have came with a 2tb drive at the least I think. Hell, lets go as big as 5tb. 

Yet again PS4 and PS5 games are made and coded different, at times they can be smaller size then PC version games. Remember also that we now have web or up in the cloud hype LOL MSFS2020 requires you to have internet connection so that you can have scenery being downloaded. Maybe that the new way of gaming. Playing games that the files/data is not on your PC. 

Can pick up M.2 1TB drive for under $100 nowadays.   

On 12/9/2020 at 11:32 AM, Kane99 said:

SSDs and m.2 drives have actually come down in price in previous years in that they're comparable in price to what HDDs were going for 3 years ago. As Empire said, cloud storage something that is being heavily pushed but cloud storage can only hold so much...

Cloud being not in your control or you don't own cloud so the price is always going to fluctuate. Try checking out Amazon AWS storage price, you will be surprised how costly it is. It'd take a lot of time for the storage to be cheaper in near future. Currently the price of the SSD are higher. 

https://www.newegg.com/crucial-1tb/p/N82E16820156247?Description=ssd&cm_re=ssd-_-20-156-247-_-Product

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

Cloud being not in your control or you don't own cloud so the price is always going to fluctuate. Try checking out Amazon AWS storage price, you will be surprised how costly it is. It'd take a lot of time for the storage to be cheaper in near future. Currently the price of the SSD are higher. 

https://www.newegg.com/crucial-1tb/p/N82E16820156247?Description=ssd&cm_re=ssd-_-20-156-247-_-Product

At the rate things are going, we'll need data centers to store games a couple of years from now. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 500 GB game by the end of next year...

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

At the rate things are going, we'll need data centers to store games a couple of years from now. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 500 GB game by the end of next year...

That is their gameplan, moving us to cloud and then gatekeep our data and make us beg for monthly and yearly subscription access.. I am done with game dev studios who don't care for the gamers.. all those rich wannabes can GFT.... market since corona has shown it's ugly head on china import prices. 

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

That is their gameplan, moving us to cloud and then gatekeep our data and make us beg for monthly and yearly subscription access.. I am done with game dev studios who don't care for the gamers.. all those rich wannabes can GFT.... market since corona has shown it's ugly head on china import prices. 

I'm not sure cloud gaming is our future. Considering that it does take a lot of computing to run a cloud server, it would cost a lot of money to run them. Eventually major studios will have something like this, but smaller, indie studios probably will stick to the traditional way of saving/installing games. That's how I feel anyway. 

That is our view because we are not rich gamers who can feed on the industry that puts out its own agenda on us, like microtransaction and cloud save. Indie games not succumbing to this is the reason why we are pretty much into gaming and can afford to play the games. 

On 12/12/2020 at 2:40 PM, Kane99 said:

I'm not sure cloud gaming is our future. Considering that it does take a lot of computing to run a cloud server, it would cost a lot of money to run them. Eventually major studios will have something like this, but smaller, indie studios probably will stick to the traditional way of saving/installing games. That's how I feel anyway. 

It's all about money for these triple A studios and that's why you see them pushing for Cloud platforms because it'll cost more to upkeep. 

On 12/13/2020 at 5:49 AM, skyfire said:

That is our view because we are not rich gamers who can feed on the industry that puts out its own agenda on us, like microtransaction and cloud save. Indie games not succumbing to this is the reason why we are pretty much into gaming and can afford to play the games. 

AS I said to Kane, most gaming companies don't care about the user experience anymore. It's all about money...