Register Now
killamch89

CyberPunk 2077 is pretty much unplayable on the PS4/Xbox One Right Now

To be honest, I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised. Have you seen the benchmarks for the new generation of GPUs in terms of Cyberpunk 2077? That alone should have told everyone what they needed to know. Hell, my current gaming laptop is way more powerful than those two consoles and it still doesn't meet the requirements to run Cyberpunk 2077 at anything other than low settings. Xbox One/PS4 owners, let's hear your thoughts about this...

It doesn't work on last gen and they've literally been working on it since last gen was next-gen. That's crazy. I’m glad I didn’t pre order or buy this game I had a bad feeling I’ll wait for a while till it goes on sale with the bugs fixe, Even on pc players haven't been wowed by the videos of this game. Doesn't look particularly interesting. And everytime I see the driving I just yawn, just looks like gta.

Sorry, but there is no excuse that CDPR can come up with that I'd buy into other than "OK, we fucked up". Your right @killamch89, we shouldn't be surprised, but not because of the PC benchmarks, but because of CDPR's behaviour. They wouldn't let reviewers use their own footage from their own recordings and didn't hand out review copies for consoles at all. Now, we know why.

They never originally intend to launch with next-gen consoles nor the latest GPU's, so that's not an excuse either. The comparatively low power of the the PS4 and XB1 has nothing to do with this. Other developers have done and will continue to do cross gen development just fine.

Even after failing to make it's launch date on no less than three different occasions over an eight year development cycle whilst crunching their staff and it's still a mess. People need to stop giving CDPR a free pass. See this for what it is. A shit show of incompetence and trying to to hide the truth from their customers all in the name of securing pre-orders. 

Well I'm sure glad I got the PC version then, because I had the XB1 version pre-ordered for the longest time. I think this will be sorted soon, it has to be. Gamers are no longer accepting of apologies, they want fixes, and they want them to be delivered fast. When we pay $50-$60 for these games, no one should be having game breaking problems. I think with this problem, they would probably want to downgrade the graphics, and some other settings. 

I've encountered some annoying glitches on PC though, like points where you can't run, or you're forced to aim down your sights, and I've seen people walking in mid air, cars and other stuff floating in mid air as well. 

On 12/12/2020 at 9:29 AM, Shagger said:

Sorry, but there is no excuse that CDPR can come up with that I'd buy into other than "OK, we fucked up". Your right @killamch89, we shouldn't be surprised, but not because of the PC benchmarks, but because of CDPR's behaviour. They wouldn't let reviewers use their own footage from their own recordings and didn't hand out review copies for consoles at all. Now, we know why.

They never originally intend to launch with next-gen consoles nor the latest GPU's, so that's not an excuse either. The comparatively low power of the the PS4 and XB1 has nothing to do with this. Other developers have done and will continue to do cross gen development just fine.

Even after failing to make it's launch date on no less than three different occasions over an eight year development cycle whilst crunching their staff and it's still a mess. People need to stop giving CDPR a free pass. See this for what it is. A shit show of incompetence and trying to to hide the truth from their customers all in the name of securing pre-orders. 

If they needed more time they should've stuck to their guns and actually release the game when it's ready. Release an unfinished product is what Bethesda, EA, Activision etc. normally do. I've played it on PC and besides the fact that it's murdering my system and a few bugs, it's not a bad game at its core. They just AMDed the launch (AMD is famous for botching the launches of their products over the years), that's all.