Register Now
StaceyPowers

Big, empty areas to explore that drive you crazy

I’m exploring the Soul Cairn in Skyrim for the first time, and I’m torn between finding it kind of cool and getting aggravated at the fact that it is so huuuuuge and kind of empty. I feel the same way about Blackreach.

What big, empty areas in video games drive you crazy because you get lost, are a completionist, or just feel they overstay their welcome without offering much?

The Soul Cairn is very good shout actually. For a place that is the equivalent of the underworld in other games, it's very barren. You hardly see any ghosts and it just feels like a wasted space overall. Hermaeus Mora's realm is another good shout - I just feel like it's lacking something...

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

In Skyrim DLC, or something in ESO (which I haven't played)?

The Dragonborn DLC -  It's name is Apocrypha and it's his Oblivion Plane. It's very lacking to say the least. Yeah, sure there are one or two neat touch but for the most part, it feels extremely empty.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Dragonborn DLC -  It's name is Apocrypha and it's his Oblivion Plane. It's very lacking to say the least. Yeah, sure there are one or two neat touch but for the most part, it feels extremely empty.

I liked those little dungeons, actually. I know what you mean though. they were a bit repetitious. Not as bad as the Oblivion Gates in Oblivion though.

4 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I liked those little dungeons, actually. I know what you mean though. they were a bit repetitious. Not as bad as the Oblivion Gates in Oblivion though.

lol I am yet to tell you what is difference between those Oblivion Gates in Oblivion. I bet someone could finish them blindfolded...

I can see a lot of areas in skyrim feeling too big. I haven't played Skyrim in years, but I remember going into something like that, I think it was a catacomb or something. Maybe that's the area you're referring to? idk,it's been so long since I touched skyrim. 

On 12/18/2020 at 10:22 PM, Kane99 said:

I can see a lot of areas in skyrim feeling too big. I haven't played Skyrim in years, but I remember going into something like that, I think it was a catacomb or something. Maybe that's the area you're referring to? idk,it's been so long since I touched skyrim. 

Yep - Skyrim is full of them and I was referring to one of the DLCs where you went to a Daedric Prince's plane of oblivion. The world felt quite....empty. I mean the art was nice and I liked the theme it was just really freaking bare.

On 12/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, The Blackangel said:

What the fuck does this have to do with the topic?

Haha, I almost ignored the comment till I came across your bashing in on him. Like seriously, it's not even one bit related to what's been talked about.