Register Now
Kane99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Sells XP Boosts Now

Yuck, more microtransactions for a game I really see no point for having them. Does Valhalla have multiplayer? I can't see it being a fun MP, but maybe I will be proven wrong. Either way, I feel this is kind of greedy. According to the article below, Ubisoft intended it as a way for gamers to save time. Well, idk, maybe add a feature like that for free? Come on, why is it that in order to move through the game faster, you gotta pay for helix points or whatever? Just feels super greedy to me. Give the option to the gamers for free, and sell us story DLC, that's what gamers want. I don't understand why they can't see that. 

You can read the article here - Game Informer

Sometimes it's good to wait till they come out with a deluxe version of the game that includes things like that. That's what I have for Odyssey. Just a few months ago Odyssey had an update where they increased the maximum skill level to 99. It was at 50 when the game came out 2 years ago. And every week you can do special quests to get orichalcum for a legendary item you normally would have to pay for. So those perks are worth waiting for. But I'm sure the newer Valhalla probably has it's own perks like community events and special deals. Plus if you wait most of the glitches will be worked out. So I guess getting newer games as opposed to waiting both have positives and negatives. 

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose and remove the accomplishment factor in the game? Let's see, I can earn my XP and gain that level 50 status, or I can buy it for $5.

Yes it does defeat the purpose. I started leveling up too fast in Odyssey. But since they increased the skill level to 99 before I was even at 50 made it all ok. The enemy skill level usually stays around the same as mine. But for other games, a boost in XP could offset quest levels. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose and remove the accomplishment factor in the game? Let's see, I can earn my XP and gain that level 50 status, or I can buy it for $5.

Let's just remember that it's Activision we're dealing with here - money is all that matters to them. They don't really care about the consumer experience.

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yes it does defeat the purpose. I started leveling up too fast in Odyssey. But since they increased the skill level to 99 before I was even at 50 made it all ok. The enemy skill level usually stays around the same as mine. But for other games, a boost in XP could offset quest levels. 

I have one word for you - Activision!