Register Now
Kane99

Can Epic afford to give away all these free games?

It might be the case the publishers pay Epic to be featured. Or it might be a deal where Epic is giving a away a freebie that will have a new paid DLC in the pipeline that they're setting up for.

If Epic is giving away a certain title, there's going to be a reason they think it will pay of more in the future.

I don't think it's Epic themselves that are giving the games away for free but more so the developers of the games who are allowing Epic to use their service to give the games away for free and they are giving them incentives for it. I don't think Epic would be struggling at all when it comes to things like giving away free games, they make so much already even just off Fortnite alone so I feel a few games say once a year wouldn't hurt them if it was them giving them away. If anything, I feel it benefits the developers of the games that they are giving away for free as it allows people to grab these games and play them and also learn about other developers as well and look into other games they have developed. I noticed that Epic have done this every year since 2020 at Christmas and I am expecting them to do it again this year, it's going to be interesting to see what they end up giving away this year as sometimes they have some really awesome games.

53 minutes ago, Shortie said:

I don't think it's Epic themselves that are giving the games away for free but more so the developers of the games who are allowing Epic to use their service to give the games away for free and they are giving them incentives for it. I don't think Epic would be struggling at all when it comes to things like giving away free games, they make so much already even just off Fortnite alone so I feel a few games say once a year wouldn't hurt them if it was them giving them away. If anything, I feel it benefits the developers of the games that they are giving away for free as it allows people to grab these games and play them and also learn about other developers as well and look into other games they have developed. I noticed that Epic have done this every year since 2020 at Christmas and I am expecting them to do it again this year, it's going to be interesting to see what they end up giving away this year as sometimes they have some really awesome games.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense.  EPIC are obviously compensating the developers/publishers for their products.  Whether that's through directly through monetary reimbursement, promotion on the Epic Games platform for another game or some other business arrangement these devs/publishers are NOT giving away their games for nothing.  Your right that Epic are make a truck load of money with Fortnite but the free games are merely part of their re-investment into their brand, along with their EGS exclusives.