Register Now
StaceyPowers

Series where you never played the oldest installments

I've never played the original Zelda on NES.

Ok, that's bullshit. But in all honesty, I have never played the first Mega Man on NES. I have played all the others, and aside from 1 and 5 have them. But for some reason I never had the chance to play the original Mega Man. I would have it now, but it's too expensive. Disability doesn't pay shit, so until I can save up, I simply can't afford it.

Metal Gear Solid: Only ever played MGS:V (and hated that game)

Wing Commander: Only played IV and V, wanted to play III as well but never could get my hand on it at the time

Red Dead Redemption: Only played RDR2, and abandoned it a few hours in, a very boring game with typical unlikeable rockstar characters

Fallout: Ok, this is a stretch, because I did technically play fallout 1 and 2, but never liked them, and thus never got far into either. 

Mercenaries: Mercenaries II is one of my favorite games, but I never even saw the first

Elder Scrolls: I only really played IV and up. Morrowind I tried but didn't like it when it released, tried again after oblivion and turns out I still didn't like it

Assassin's Creed: Only really got into Odyssey and Valhalla, tried the first when that came out but didn't like it at all. Also tried Origins after Odyssey but couldn't enjoy it as it was two steps back from Odyssey.

7 hours ago, m76 said:

Metal Gear Solid: Only ever played MGS:V (and hated that game)

Wing Commander: Only played IV and V, wanted to play III as well but never could get my hand on it at the time

Red Dead Redemption: Only played RDR2, and abandoned it a few hours in, a very boring game with typical unlikeable rockstar characters

Fallout: Ok, this is a stretch, because I did technically play fallout 1 and 2, but never liked them, and thus never got far into either. 

Mercenaries: Mercenaries II is one of my favorite games, but I never even saw the first

Elder Scrolls: I only really played IV and up. Morrowind I tried but didn't like it when it released, tried again after oblivion and turns out I still didn't like it

Assassin's Creed: Only really got into Odyssey and Valhalla, tried the first when that came out but didn't like it at all. Also tried Origins after Odyssey but couldn't enjoy it as it was two steps back from Odyssey.

I never played RDR either, only RDR2. But unlike you I love RDR2. I think it's a great game. To each their own. No game is going to be loved by 100% of all gamers.

The only Elder Scrolls I have ever played is Skyrim, and I've barely put any time into it. I need to get back on it, because I was enjoying the hell out of it. I just got sidetracked by other games.

With Assassins Creed, the only one I have played is AC3. I have the first 3 AC's but haven't played 1 or 2 yet.

The other games you mentioned I have never played anything in their respective series.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 1/8/2021 at 4:56 PM, The Blackangel said:

I never played RDR either, only RDR2. But unlike you I love RDR2. I think it's a great game. To each their own. No game is going to be loved by 100% of all gamers.

The only Elder Scrolls I have ever played is Skyrim, and I've barely put any time into it. I need to get back on it, because I was enjoying the hell out of it. I just got sidetracked by other games.

With Assassins Creed, the only one I have played is AC3. I have the first 3 AC's but haven't played 1 or 2 yet.

The other games you mentioned I have never played anything in their respective series.

This is exactly the same thing with me when it comes to not playing RDR but only RDR2. I got pushed to RDR2 and I took it hook, line and sinker without looking back for RDR. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

This is exactly the same thing with me when it comes to not playing RDR but only RDR2. I got pushed to RDR2 and I took it hook, line and sinker without looking back for RDR. 

RDR is an excellent game though and you should try it as you'd know the connections between both games and the outcome of John Marston's life by playing the first game.

5 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

RDR is an excellent game though and you should try it as you'd know the connections between both games and the outcome of John Marston's life by playing the first game.

Yeah, I'm actually considering getting it played, at least to know that I have the game root covered.