Register Now
Kane99

Renting games from local libraries

Did you guys know, that some libraries will allow the community to rent movies, games and other media out as well? A few libraries near me used to rent out movies and some games, but I never took advantage of it. In fact, I haven't been to a library in years lol. But with that being said, I hear some libraries still rent out other media alongside books and magazines. 

Did you guys ever rent a game from a local library? 

The library here does it, but I never got any games or movies that way. I usually just went in to check my email and work on a website I used to run. Other than that, I never really went to a library. I knew how to use microfilm and the card catalog since that was all we had. But I didn't spend a lot of time there.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:10 PM, Kane99 said:

Did you guys know, that some libraries will allow the community to rent movies, games and other media out as well? A few libraries near me used to rent out movies and some games, but I never took advantage of it. In fact, I haven't been to a library in years lol. But with that being said, I hear some libraries still rent out other media alongside books and magazines. 

Did you guys ever rent a game from a local library? 

It's something that's very common growing up in my neighborhood. We even rent games from one another ; engage in trade by barter. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

It's something that's very common growing up in my neighborhood. We even rent games from one another ; engage in trade by barter. 

I used to do the same as a kid but a lot of things have changed since then and now I'll sell the keys for games that I haven't played as yet and have not intentions to.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

I used to do the same as a kid but a lot of things have changed since then and now I'll sell the keys for games that I haven't played as yet and have not intentions to.

Yeah, I'm sure that most old gamers took part in that act which was quite fun back then.