Register Now
StaceyPowers

How many games are installed on your system currently?

41 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Actually if it's a Hard Drive then it can, but there may be other contributing factors as well.  When formatted the HDD is split is a large amount of sectors of a fixed size.

A good metaphor for this is to think of HDD storage as giant car park with space being a block of data of 4kb or so.  It will start filling at one end to the other until it's full.  But data gets deleted so gaps start to show up, so by the time it reaches the end there are gaps everywhere.  Then Call of Duty Warzone shows up with 1,000 coaches of it's uncompressed audio files and shit.  There is enough space to fit them all but not together, so they get spread out.  Unfortunately this means it takes longer for the OS to find them parts of it that it needs, slowing things down.

You can address this issue with Defragmentation, a process that essentially moves things around and attempts to pair associated files together improving efficiency.  I'll leave a link to an article listing some software options.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-defrag-software-tools-2619172

If that's the case with @Razor1911 Pc's issue, then I'm very sure that this may be of help to him in getting it fixed one way or another. 

@killamch89my PC configurations are as follows.

OS- Windows 10 64 bit

Ram- 8Gb

Processor- Intel i3 7th Gen (little bit outdated)

GPU-  Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

@Crazycrabthanks for the info. But my hard drive is full of craps. Lots of photos and videos. Softwares packs which I don't installed but stored in the drive. Could that be a reason?

14 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

OS- Windows 10 64 bit

Ram- 8Gb

@Crazycrabthanks for the info. But my hard drive is full of craps. Lots of photos and videos. Softwares packs which I don't installed but stored in the drive. Could that be a reason?

You still haven't mentioned what the capacity of you storage drive(s) is. I was already aware of the potential issue with disk fragmentation @Crazycrab described, I see that as a separate issue to a HDD being full, but it's starting to sound like your computer just doesn't have enough storage. I do think it's very possible that your boot drive is needing to be defragmented, but I don't think that's the only issue.

Edited by Shagger

57 minutes ago, Shagger said:

You still haven't mentioned what the capacity of you storage drive(s) is. I was already aware of the potential issue with disk fragmentation @Crazycrab described, I see that as a separate issue to a HDD being full, but it's starting to sound like your computer just doesn't have enough storage. I do think it's very possible that your boot drive is needing to be defragmented, but I don't think that's the only issue.

Yeah, it's more likely to be a storage space issue that's causing that but I would like him to start the defragmention and see how it goes with the PC. 

4 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

OS- Windows 10 64 bit

Ram- 8Gb

It's not so much the fact that your storage is getting full that slows it down.  it's the repeated process of it getting full, deleting things to make more room, filling it back up, deleting something else, filling it up again over and over.

One of the defragmentation apps I told you about should help, but I could also be an old drive or even the older hardware in general.  I realize your on a budget but there are some relatively inexpensive options that might help.  A small SATA SSD for you boot drive, a second hand i5 or i7 from the same generation (here is a couple I seen on eBay but you'll need to check you own local listings, these are just examples; i5 7600k and i7 7700k) or upgrading to 16Gb of RAM should help to.

10 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

It's not so much the fact that your storage is getting full that slows it down.  it's the repeated process of it getting full, deleting things to make more room, filling it back up, deleting something else, filling it up again over and over.

One of the defragmentation apps I told you about should help, but I could also be an old drive or even the older hardware in general.  I realize your on a budget but there are some relatively inexpensive options that might help.  A small SATA SSD for you boot drive, a second hand i5 or i7 from the same generation (here is a couple I seen on eBay but you'll need to check you own local listings, these are just examples; i5 7600k and i7 7700k) or upgrading to 16Gb of RAM should help to.

Seriously, I'm glad to no longer be in this never ending cycle of deleting some files to make room for some space and getting it filled up to delete some all over again. It sounds funny remembering it all over now. 

10 hours ago, Shagger said:

My total diskspace is 1TB. I have 4 drives, and using C drive as boot drive. The composition is like 100 GB (C), 300 GB each for D, E, F. I Store my photos, videos and see softwares in D, and rest E and F are for games. Out of total 1TB, 700 Gb is full. 

51 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

My total diskspace is 1TB. I have 4 drives, and using C drive as boot drive. The composition is like 100 GB (C), 300 GB each for D, E, F. I Store my photos, videos and see softwares in D, and rest E and F are for games. Out of total 1TB, 700 Gb is full. 

If you read what Crazycrab suggested that you do with defragmentation, I think that you should try it out and see what happens. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you read what Crazycrab suggested that you do with defragmentation, I think that you should try it out and see what happens. 

Okay, I am going to download defraggler now. And using that will try to defragment my boot drive. Let's see how things goes. 

3 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Okay, I am going to download defraggler now. And using that will try to defragment my boot drive. Let's see how things goes. 

Alright mate. I hope it works out well for you with your PC after doing that. Good luck with it.