Register Now
Kane99

Services to catalog your games

What are some of the good services that I can use to catalog the games I have? Maybe even list what games I'm playing and so on. I know there are sites that let you catalog your games, but what are the best ones out there currently? Do you guys have any suggestions for ones I should sign up to? 

I just want something that's easy to search with, has pretty much every game imaginable in their databases, and so on. I would like to have features that share rarity of the game as well, and maybe what it's estimated to be worth. 

I don't catalogue all the games I own given how many there are and how many hundred I won't ever play given they were purchased upon impulse. However, I use The Backloggery to keep track of games I've completed which is a much flashier means than the Wordpad document I had in 2020. It's useful for compiling some basic reviews rather than the more in-depth write-ups I do for r/patientgamers.

4 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I don't catalogue all the games I own given how many there are and how many hundred I won't ever play given they were purchased upon impulse. However, I use The Backloggery to keep track of games I've completed which is a much flashier means than the Wordpad document I had in 2020. It's useful for compiling some basic reviews rather than the more in-depth write-ups I do for r/patientgamers.

Thanks for the link mate. I've been trying to find another way of tracking my games so I'll definitely check out Backloggery.

I just type them up in Notepad alphabetically and by system. That works well for me, and I can print it out anytime I want so that when I go out, I can take a list with me to ensure that I don't buy a game that I already have. I did that with The Reckoning and ended up with 4 copies of the damn game because I kept forgetting that I already had the fucking thing.

22 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

That's the one I was thinking of, but couldn't remember the name. Thanks! 😄 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I just type them up in Notepad alphabetically and by system. That works well for me, and I can print it out anytime I want so that when I go out, I can take a list with me to ensure that I don't buy a game that I already have. I did that with The Reckoning and ended up with 4 copies of the damn game because I kept forgetting that I already had the fucking thing.

I used to do that myself, but I like having an app where I can also mark off what games I'm playing. And I like the idea of having a list on my phone for easier access on the go. 

Edited by Kane99

On 1/24/2021 at 9:25 PM, Withywarlock said:

I'm definitely looking up how to make use of website you just recommended because I'm sure it's going to come in handy for keeping one's gaming tracks. 

49 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I'm definitely looking up how to make use of website you just recommended because I'm sure it's going to come in handy for keeping one's gaming tracks. 

It's pretty handy because I've also started using although sometimes I do tend to forget it's there but it's pretty easy to use.

9 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It's pretty handy because I've also started using although sometimes I do tend to forget it's there but it's pretty easy to use.

Yeah, I have actually open up the website and with the little things that I have seen already, I'm impressed.