Register Now
Kane99

Remember Freedom Fighters?

I only ever played Freedom Fighters once, and it was one time when I was at a friends house for a LAN party. The night before the LAN party myself and a couple others hung out in my friends room and played games. I remember them bringing out freedom fighters to play, and I never played it. I remember having fun playing it though. 

I almost forgot, the day before we were hanging out and walking around town. I almost forgot about that lol. But yeah, that game will forever tie me to that day. Pretty cool. Wish I could remember more about the game though too. 😄 

Anyway, think we'll ever see a new Freedom Fighters game? 

Freedom Fighters was a fantastic game, the closest to it that I know of in a modern game is Homefront: The Revolution, which is a pretty fun game, DLC included.  If you can get your hands on a copy, with a little doing it still works okay on windows 10 in widescreen. Obviously, it's aged, but it still holds up pretty well.

For an old school third person shooter with no RPG components, this game has a fantastic sense of progression, and the shooting still feels pretty good all these years later. Going back to it makes me realize that I prefer playing games like this with a controller these days, but I'd definitely recommend anyone intrigued by it to give it a shot.

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

It was pretty good game. I wonder what happened to franchise. 

I think IO Interactive still owns the rights to it after they split from Square Enix. So a new game in the series may come from them down the road. Or even a reboot. 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think IO Interactive still owns the rights to it after they split from Square Enix. So a new game in the series may come from them down the road. Or even a reboot. 

I hope so. I loved the game to be honest. I just don't see the franchise reboot unless they come to console and android with microtransactions.