Register Now
Shagger

Mortal Kombat (2021) Trailer

Here it is, after over 20 years Mortal Kombat is coming back to movie theatres, and I gotta say, it's looking damb good.

The original movie from 1995 I actually really enjoyed. I found it very funny with good action, impressive special effects for the time, a compelling story and an astonishing soundtrack. However, I do understand why that film divides opinion mostly because I'm willing to admit its catastrophic flaw, it was made for too young an audience. I don't blame the movie for that, it was 1995, and back then the relationship between video games and other media wasn't like it is now. Anyone proposing a movie based on a video game, even one as infamously violent as Mortal Kombat, made for adults would have have been laughed out of any Hollywood producers office.

This new movie, quite clearly, has fixed that issue. The violence is as brutal as it always should have been. I hope it doesn't take itself too seriously and makes room for a bit of that dark comedy, but overall I'm looking forward to this.

(You'll notice I didn't reference Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, it's better for my mental health if I pretend that movie never existed.)

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Video is not playable, LOL Anyway this movie will be amazing, Sub Zero making a frozen blood knife is not something that happens in bad movies. Could use some Johnny Cage though 😛 

Y-yeah, sorry about that. YouTube age-restricted the video making it not playable without signing in. Still, glad you enjoyed the trailer.

The trailer looks awesome. It's definitely going to be well worth seeing. I agree that the first one was good, for the times. I saw it in the theatre, and was mad at how it ended. The second, was flawed in more ways than I have time to list.

This one is a major improvement. But I just hope they don't try this with Street Fighter. That was a horrible abomination. I would like to see a live action Soul Calibur though. Maybe a live action Killer Instinct, too?