Register Now
Kane99

Would you ever try to build a PC through Wish?

Have you ever tried to build a PC by buying PC parts through Wish? I've seen countless videos on YouTube about people trying exactly that. Some with good results, some with bad, but for the most part it seems like it's possible. 

Anyway, would you ever build a PC through wish or maybe aliexpress or other similar sites? Here's a video of Linus trying to build a PC from Wish. He also has videos from buying parts from Ebay, Amazon and other sites to build PCs. It's weird, Amazon is full of junk that you could get on Wish as well. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

What is wish.com? Is it some sort of coupon network or something? In either case it's hard to trust legit hardware these days from giveaway sites. 

It's essentially a site to buy cheap stuff made overseas. Think the junk you can get on Amazon, but somehow worse and cheaper. People can also sell products on there. 

46 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Let me thin - No, Hell no! Those second hand cheap Chinese knock off parts would fall apart in a second. That would be a huge waste of money.

Oh for sure. I find it crazy anyone would even try lol. 

32 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Oh for sure. I find it crazy anyone would even try lol. 

But then it's Linus - he'll try anything once so I wasn't surprised. I don't even think this is the worse one yet. I remember him going to some shops in China and buying random computer components, I'm like what a nutcase lol.

5 hours ago, Empire said:

I never even used wish website, I do not even have a account. All my PC parts are from the real deal and all paid for, all new 🙂 

No sensible PC Gamer I know would use it and that's the point we're making. Linus does it for content but I'm pretty certain under normal circumstances, he wouldn't go anywhere near it.

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's essentially a site to buy cheap stuff made overseas. Think the junk you can get on Amazon, but somehow worse and cheaper. People can also sell products on there. 

I checked it and from what I have noticed they are basically dropship site who have cheaper seller in china. So the parts could be refurbished and also the low cost throwaway items who barely passed QA. 

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

No sensible PC Gamer I know would use it and that's the point we're making. Linus does it for content but I'm pretty certain under normal circumstances, he wouldn't go anywhere near it.

Apart from those that are, well, Not idiots but clussless about PCs. 

WIsh does not really offer main breads, Asus and MSI. Brands that we have not heard about before like SkyFire said from china. 

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Apart from those that are, well, Not idiots but clussless about PCs. 

WIsh does not really offer main breads, Asus and MSI. Brands that we have not heard about before like SkyFire said from china. 

I do know of Skyfire but I'd never touch their products with a 10 foot pole because of the quality standards issue. To top it all off, I'd have to wait at 30 days before it's shipped to my country and there's no way I'll wait that long.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To top it all off, I'd have to wait at 30 days before it's shipped to my country and there's no way I'll wait that long.

Well, if you know that you are going to get the best of the best then I would wait 🙂 if that's what you can do. At the moment with the new 3000 series they all out of stock in the UK And so we all have to wait anyway for months. 

I wonder if they have raspberry pi stocks or something. Like those can be cheaper than we get from the UKs manufacturing hub. And also UK one is expensive. If you want something throwaway then china is not an issue. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

I wonder if they have raspberry pi stocks or something. Like those can be cheaper than we get from the UKs manufacturing hub. And also UK one is expensive. If you want something throwaway then china is not an issue. 

I imagine they do have some raspberry pi devices and parts for sale on there. I imagine they also sell the kits for cases and such. I wouldn't buy any of the raspberry pi devices, but maybe cases and such would be fine to purchase. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I imagine they do have some raspberry pi devices and parts for sale on there. I imagine they also sell the kits for cases and such. I wouldn't buy any of the raspberry pi devices, but maybe cases and such would be fine to purchase. 

Yes cases are cheap as it is and those cases lets say even not good enough in quality can work for the projects too.