Register Now
StaceyPowers

Anyone had any luck buying a next gen console locally?

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, it's most likely going to be almost the same thing, since the console is coming from one company and not a third party seller.Β 

Not in my case. Lol πŸ˜†. The transportation charges are way to higher here. It's silly to even think of getting any imported product at same price. The price will be atleast 25% premium to the original when coming from Western countries. 😣

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Not in my case. Lol πŸ˜†. The transportation charges are way to higher here. It's silly to even think of getting any imported product at same price. The price will be atleast 25% premium to the original when coming from Western countries. 😣

If that's the case, then it's definitely going to more costly considering the transportation/logistics fees.Β 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

If that's the case, then it's definitely going to more costly considering the transportation/logistics fees.Β 

I do have some money left on my Amazon. con website. But I can only use that account for buying products from US. There only I have come across huge Shipping charges. That's insane. 😣

23 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I do have some money left on my Amazon. con website. But I can only use that account for buying products from US. There only I have come across huge Shipping charges. That's insane. 😣

Yeah, a lot of things are actually affecting shipping costs especially with the case of Corona virus.Β 

9 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, a lot of things are actually affecting shipping costs especially with the case of Corona virus.Β 

That's why it's preferable to go digital. I mean, you can have the digital copy delivered instantly to your email id, why would you wait for the CD/DVDs to arrive after so much wait and also giving unnecessary shipping charges. ☺️

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

That's why it's preferable to go digital. I mean, you can have the digital copy delivered instantly to your email id, why would you wait for the CD/DVDs to arrive after so much wait and also giving unnecessary shipping charges. ☺️

Yeah, it's actually why some people prefer digital copies but there is a check point in getting digital copies - how good your internet connection is.Β 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, it's actually why some people prefer digital copies but there is a check point in getting digital copies - how good your internet connection is.Β 

That's the real big problem. Although I have no issues like this, but I know how pathetic it is to use slow connections. It will be impossible to download 20GB+ of games without having any error. 😏

On 8/11/2021 at 1:27 AM, Razor1911 said:

And imagine if the CD has a deep enough scratch on it? That's a good piece of change down the drain.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

And imagine if the CD has a deep enough scratch on it? That's a good piece of change down the drain.

Oh man! I know that feeling. I had similar problems many times. I used to collect those CD and DVDs.Β 

I still don't know how, but the scratches eventually comes with time, no matter how hard you try to take care of them. When I put on the disk to the console and it doesn't work, That really breaks my heart man. 😣

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Seriously, once they get scratches, it's almost over for them because it's definitely going to be very hard to play.Β