Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you cope when you are not playing your favorite game?

In my case, I find myself thinking of new Skyrim builds and crafting a backstory in my head. Often, I'll actually spend some time writing down some of the ideas I've come up with and add or subtract things until I'm satisfied. Then I'll look up mods and other things to complement that build.

On 3/24/2021 at 10:39 PM, StaceyPowers said:

When you are not playing your favorite game, do you interact with it in any other way? Reading books associated with it, dusting off action figures, hanging posters, etc.?

If it's a game that comes with a book version, I would be open to reading it as long as it's my favorite game but if not, I would just hook up with the movies. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

If it's a game that comes with a book version, I would be open to reading it as long as it's my favorite game but if not, I would just hook up with the movies. 

Not going to lie, I tried reading the Witcher books and I've come out of that one with more questions than answers. I thought the game was confusing but the books are arguably even more confusing. I understood some of the basic stuff but it just went off on a tangent that had me asking more questions.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Not going to lie, I tried reading the Witcher books and I've come out of that one with more questions than answers. I thought the game was confusing but the books are arguably even more confusing. I understood some of the basic stuff but it just went off on a tangent that had me asking more questions.

Actually, from my experience and understanding with reading such books, it takes more to understand the books than what it takes with the game itself. 

4 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I wonder if Gran Turismo ever had books written about it.  I would read them as soon as I could.

Gran Turismo: Prima's Official Strategy Guide is something you can actually read about the game if you find it useful. 

2 minutes ago, Family sedan said:

Thanks Heatman, I'll try to find it.  I still struggle with the Gonnergraut League in GT6 even though I've already completed the game years ago.

I'm sure it's definitely going to be very helpful for you. The tactical book was written for a reason, so I'm sure you will find it interesting.