Register Now
ZandraJoi

Would you want to travel the world in an RV?

While it would be cool, I wouldn’t want to. I like having a home base. Plus RVs are really cramped. I also tend not to do well with strangers. I like to keep to myself. So, if anything goes wrong, I’d have a hard time asking a stranger for help when I’m literal miles away from my family. The plus side though, you get to see so many new sites. 

I would like to have an RV and be able to travel in it, but I wouldn't want it as my permanent home. I need a house that doesn't have a steering wheel. I have lived in a trailer before, and I love them. They can be a little cramped depending on size, but they're great homes, and the bills of living in one are super cheap. If I wasn't in a wheelchair, I would be looking for one now. I don't have the money to have a ramp built so I could get in and out. So I'm kinda screwed there.

Either way, I want a place that isn't going to go anywhere and doesn't have an engine and transmission.

If I could, I would for a bit. I've always wanted to go on a long road trip out west in the canyon country USA. From Colorado to California and maybe up the coast to Canada. But I could always rent a car and pitch a tent anywhere. Gotta watch out for the boogeyman though. I don't want to be in a severed head trophy case. 

As long as the RV is big and I have my own little space, then again if I was on my own then that does not matter. I like to travel but not an RV person, then again never own or been in one fully. Been and own caravens in the passed. But last carven that I own was used for storage and then sold it later on. 

90% of the time when I go away, I book a place for a weekend to a week.

The last music festival we went to, we rented a popup camper. It was basically heaven on wheels, compared to a tent on the ground. I wouldn't complain about having one of them to pull around when traveling if I thought I would need it. There's not always a hotel nearby when your eyes start to droop.

On 4/1/2021 at 7:54 AM, The Blackangel said:

The last music festival we went to, we rented a popup camper. It was basically heaven on wheels, compared to a tent on the ground. I wouldn't complain about having one of them to pull around when traveling if I thought I would need it. There's not always a hotel nearby when your eyes start to droop.

How much did it cost you to rent one and what did it have in it? Is it one of those that come with running water?