Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that involve dread/tension for you to play (but that you enjoy)

I've never heard of positive stress except when stress tells me when to stay away from things. So if a game stresses me out, I stay away from it; like puzzles and having to repeat gameplay over and over again. I like challenge, but if I like it, it wouldn't be stress. Maybe in sports a challenge would be stressful, or some kind of competition. But I just can't see that in games I play. I really want to give Bloodborne another try, but I probably won't ever get around to it because I'm in no rush to sit there and get stressed out. Is there an easy mode? Hmmm, I have to look it up. 

On 5/7/2021 at 6:26 PM, m76 said:

Alien Isolation, Ghost Recon Wildlands / Breakpoint. - and other games were the danger of death feels real.

Alien Isolation is pretty interesting and intense too as a horror game considering the fact that a lot of people find it difficult to cope with playing. 

On 8/22/2021 at 10:11 AM, Heatman said:

Alien Isolation is pretty interesting and intense too as a horror game considering the fact that a lot of people find it difficult to cope with playing. 

As an avid player of Alien Isolation, it's hands-down one of the most terrifying games in existence and what makes  it so terrifying is that the Alien adapts to your playing style just like in the movies so you're lucky if the same trick works three times in a row against it.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As an avid player of Alien Isolation, it's hands-down one of the most terrifying games in existence and what makes  it so terrifying is that the Alien adapts to your playing style just like in the movies so you're lucky if the same trick works three times in a row against it.

Seriously, I also give it to Alien Isolation to be at least among the top 5 most horrifying video games ever made. My brother don't near the room whenever I play it. 

On 8/26/2021 at 1:49 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, I also give it to Alien Isolation to be at least among the top 5 most horrifying video games ever made. My brother don't near the room whenever I play it. 

What always gets me is when the Alien just pops up out of nowhere and kills you like this:

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

What always gets me is when the Alien just pops up out of nowhere and kills you like this:

Exactly - that's just as it happens with playing Dark Souls. There is no moment of relaxation, and if you lose focus you're dead immediately.