Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is there anything you want to change about games in general?

I'd like the gaming industry to drop these microtransaction systems in games and hiding every other popular item behind a paywall - it's so scummy that I don't even like talking about it. The most horrid practice to gain traction in the gaming industry. On top of that, releasing unfinished games and selling them for full price - that's another disgusting practice.

I wish there was full unrestricted customization of the player character from the beginning of games.

In the majority of games there is no customization options at all, in others customization are unlocked by finishing the game, which feels utterly pointless to me, great I can change my character's look after I finished the game and no longer wish to play it? LOL.

But the biggest issue is paywalled cosmetics. They say microtransactions that only affect the cosmetics does not matter, but they do. To me the look of the character is much more important than XP boosters and such nonsense p2w items.

New games should be available across every system. I know they are publishers and all, but let us play it on any machine we want. There should be some kind of agreement where they own rights and get a percent of the pay to play it on another system. Because there are a lot of computer games not available for console and some games I want to play on Nintendo Switch. And other consoles should make available to play on PC and Switch. I think that would actually increase the competition of the console and PC and motivate them to focus on their consoles to have the best graphics, memory, functions, etc; PC probably leads in those areas. And being able to MOD games like PC would be pretty cool. All games should have a VR mode so that it could boost the VR market which is greatly lacking and the said suggestions would break up Oculus/Facebook crapola and would actually prevent the drifting of gaming towards subscription. 

On 5/17/2021 at 7:53 AM, m76 said:

I wish there was full unrestricted customization of the player character from the beginning of games.

In the majority of games there is no customization options at all, in others customization are unlocked by finishing the game, which feels utterly pointless to me, great I can change my character's look after I finished the game and no longer wish to play it? LOL.

But the biggest issue is paywalled cosmetics. They say microtransactions that only affect the cosmetics does not matter, but they do. To me the look of the character is much more important than XP boosters and such nonsense p2w items.

I totally agree with this sentiment as well. That's why I loved games like Champions Online and a few others because you had a lot of customization when it came to your character at the beginning of the game and you unlocked even more during events and throughout the story. Nowadays, the customization function in games is laughable at best.