Register Now
The Blackangel

Can you sell your PSN account?

I think the more apprpriate question is not IF you can but WHY?  It's a stupid idea!  This is obviously a kid who doesn't really know what they are doing.  In order to "transfer" the account the buyer would need access to the sellers email where they can then access other accounts and services like XBox Live, Google, Amazon, personal emails and social media then seize control of them.  it's literally paying somone to steal your indentity, someone needs to warn this kid and get that craigslist post taken down.

I'm just going to repeat something I said in this earlier thread, but suffice to say I would not recommend buying and selling accounts.

Selling accounts is something different. That's not selling games, that's selling accounts and it is not something I'd recommend anyone do.

As a Seller.

It bars you from using the same details for any future accounts on that platform. You will need to give the buyer access to your e-mail, so that email account is also gone, so rather inconvenient if you use that e-mail for anything besides that game store account. it can also be dangerous as the person buying the account can use it for, let's say, "other purposes" than playing the games in your library. They could use the account to front money laundering or sell, let's say, "controversial" digital goods, all of which could get traced back to YOU in the end. They could possibly access you phone number, social media accounts and even bank details held on that account if you're not careful.

As a Buyer

You can't be sure how those games on that account were obtained. They could have been bought with stolen credit card information (fraud), the login info could be wrong or they could change it after you bought it, especially if they have things like 2-step verification enabled or even just use fake screenshots to con people into thinking they're buying an account that doesn't actually exist.

Selling accounts is not illegal as far as I know, an even if it were it would be impossible to enforce, but it's not safe and It's certainly not a comparable substitute for selling used games on PC. I would beg anyone considering it not to do it.

Edited by Shagger

Well, that'S really the scummy part of digital distribution, you can't ever resell games. Which kind of sucks, and that's why I'd never buy a digital only ps5.

Selling accounts is definitely against TOS, and will probably get the account banned if discovered, not to mention the huge security issue it presents. Both as  a seller or a buyer.

2 hours ago, m76 said:

Well, that'S really the scummy part of digital distribution, you can't ever resell games. Which kind of sucks, and that's why I'd never buy a digital only ps5.

Selling accounts is definitely against TOS, and will probably get the account banned if discovered, not to mention the huge security issue it presents. Both as  a seller or a buyer.

That's another very good reason to not involve oneself in this sort of thing. I just checked and it's the same story with XBL, Steam, Epic, Nintendo... and then I just stopped looking any more of them up. It's pretty safe to say that whilst selling gamer accounts is NOT illegal, it violates the TOS of pretty much every online digital game's service that I can think of. 

On 5/25/2021 at 3:36 PM, The Blackangel said:

I saw this on Craigslist just now and it got me wondering. Can you sell your account? I’m not well versed on this kind of thing, so I’m at a loss here.

https://columbiamo.craigslist.org/vgm/d/moberly-psn-account/7326560123.html

I would be the very last person to sell or buy such account because a lot of things can go on in the transaction.