Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is the one thing that would make gaming easier for you?

If there were one thing you could change either about games themselves, gaming systems, or yourself that would make gaming easier for you, what would it be?

Like for me, the one thing that would make gaming much easier for me would be if I had good executive function. Then I would push the right buttons every time I was in a fight, and wouldn’t try to do things out of order. I also would waste less time scrolling through incorrect menus.

I believe that Devs should care more about optimization, this will make gaming easier not only for me, but pretty much everyone else that's on a budget, some games are seriously unplayable no matter how good your PC is, which bothers me as a PC gamer (Console players suffer even more due to lack of mods that might improve the experience/performance)

On 5/30/2021 at 4:25 AM, Family sedan said:

If I could change one thing it would be that I would read some books about basketball defensive strategy and that would make my NBA Live defenses better.

Well, I believe that this is something that you can actually get under wraps when you watch lots of streaming videos of how good others play to learn. 

For a game like Counter-strike, a multi-monitor setup would fall under the 'visual garbage' I meantioned in the FPS bit. The game has many narrow areas, so seeing to your sides is pretty useless since it'll probably be a wall most of the time. and so why they do support for that in the long run. The amount of times I've seen players fail to notice something or someone on just their one main screen's extremities in CSGO and other such games only helps seal the deal that multimonitors are useless to competitive gaming. You're too focused on what's in the middle of your screen.

On 5/30/2021 at 3:45 AM, The Blackangel said:

This one is on me. I would give myself a measurable amount of endurance and stamina. I don’t have the strength to keep up with the controller if things start moving quickly. I wear out before the task is completed.

Seriously, this is something that I believe that is really very important because most people give up easily because of lacking those. 

On 7/21/2021 at 6:12 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, this is something that I believe that is really very important because most people give up easily because of lacking those. 

I'm too damn stubborn and hard headed (I am a Capricorn after all) to give up that easy. There's only one game that I have pretty much given up on. It's a ROM-hack that I honest to god believe was designed to not be beaten. It's kinda funny, because after 2 years of fighting it, I have only beaten the first 3 dungeons and at this point given up on it. Yet there is a game on NES that I have been trying to beat for over 30 years, that I have NOT given up on, and am determined to beat at all costs.

Just now, The Blackangel said:

I'm too damn stubborn and hard headed (I am a Capricorn after all) to give up that easy. There's only one game that I have pretty much given up on. It's a ROM-hack that I honest to god believe was designed to not be beaten. It's kinda funny, because after 2 years of fighting it, I have only beaten the first 3 dungeons and at this point given up on it. Yet there is a game on NES that I have been trying to beat for over 30 years, that I have NOT given up on, and am determined to beat at all costs.

To be very honest with you, I actually accept the fact that it's normal to give up on some games when it's very obvious that you can't beat it without cheat. What's the essence of still playing? 

I don't know of any cheats for ROM-hacks. It's not like I can put them in a Game Genie and make myself invincible. The other game, it came out before the Game Genie, and before walkthroughs and game guides. So I refuse to use anything like that to beat it. I started playing it before that stuff was available, I'm going to finish it as if that stuff didn't even exist.

Besides, despite having several game guides, I only use them for reference anyway. Like with FF8, I look to see what items I need to modify to get a different item, or find out what monster drops an item I need when I can't remember. Other than that, I don't use guides unless I'm hopelessly stuck. But by now of 20+ and 30+ years of playing these games, I could easily navigate them in my sleep. Most of them I would get my ass slaughtered in, but I could at least find my way around.

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't know of any cheats for ROM-hacks. It's not like I can put them in a Game Genie and make myself invincible. The other game, it came out before the Game Genie, and before walkthroughs and game guides. So I refuse to use anything like that to beat it. I started playing it before that stuff was available, I'm going to finish it as if that stuff didn't even exist.

Besides, despite having several game guides, I only use them for reference anyway. Like with FF8, I look to see what items I need to modify to get a different item, or find out what monster drops an item I need when I can't remember. Other than that, I don't use guides unless I'm hopelessly stuck. But by now of 20+ and 30+ years of playing these games, I could easily navigate them in my sleep. Most of them I would get my ass slaughtered in, but I could at least find my way around.

You are definitely gaming with the right approach and I strongly believe that your age in gaming have played a major role in setting you straight with how best to play.