Register Now
ZandraJoi

Twilight movies

When I first heard about these years ago, I thought it was going to be too catered to the teenage crowd. I’m a lot older lol However, when I happened to catch it on TV, I was hooked. It’s quite good! I actually bought all the movies & have watched them several times already. Even though I don’t usually buy movies, I wanted those Extras that seem to only come in the ones you buy. So, what are your thoughts on these movies?

To be honest, I've never watched Twilight at all but I always heard jokes about it - Maybe I need watch the series for myself. I have a friend who reads the books all the time and she tells me that the story is pretty good - at least in the books.

I am not a fan. I will openly admit I have not seen/read/know nothing about it but my girlfriend has read all the material (seen the films as well) and was a fan at one point. I really had no opinion of it. We have watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel over the past year. There have been several moments where my girlfriend was shocked at how much Meyers ripped off from that series. She said it was a lifetime version of Buffy and is a bit ashamed for liking it.

I read the book before seeing the first movie and I liked the book but thought the movie was just okay. So I never really got into the other movies when they first came out either...but that's also because I didn't care for the actor and actress playing the main roles. Now that they've been out for a long time I finally enjoy watching them when they're on tv.

To much deeply stupid shit in those movies for me to take them even close to as seriously as they obviously intended, but it's that scene in the woods where the play baseball that really gets me. The say the play in woods in the middle of nowhere so people won't see them "twinkle" in the sunlight and identify them as vampires. There's so much wrong that I'm gonna have to do bullet points;

1. You're playing baseball in the woods, the impracticalities speak for themselves. There are better options for isolated areas for such an activity.
  2. The "twinkle" thing has never been a thing to associate with vampires and should never have been. If anyone saw you "twinkle" they would wonder, yes, but not assume you were vampires or even a threat for it. Since these "vampires" in this world, or at least in this group, aren't threatening and thier existence and traits aren't public knowledge, why assume the worst reaction?
  3. If being seen "twinkling" during the day is such a concern, why not play at night? As as far as I know the "vampires" in that world can see in the dark, so why take the risk of being out in the day at all?
  4. Playing the game, they run like bullets, throw the ball like they've fired it out of a howitzer and jump 50ft into the air to make catches, yet thier concern is about been seeing "twinkling"? I think if people did witness this the "twinkle" would be the least of thier concerns.
  5. Edward is obviously trying to impress that bitch Bella. Trust me man, she ain't worth it.
  6. And worst of all, THE PLAN DIDN'T EVEN WORK! Because you get confronted by what I believe are called Shape-Shifters at the end of it all, throwing your already twisted, ridiculous logic completely out the window.

I know I'm not the demographic for this and never read the books, but those films were stupid as hell to me. This is only one example.

Edited by Shagger

I hate those movies, Ever since the first one was released I though the whole Twilith fever was stupid.

But I married a Twilight fan😆, now every now and then we have to watch the whole movie saga. I even read the first book for christ sake, I gave her the book collection as a birthday gift a few years ago and she asked me if I could read the first book with her. And I have to say holy crap this girl Bella is one horny character, through out the whole book she spents her time fantasizing about sex with the vampire dude like WTF and same with the werewolf that is not a werewolf. No wonder every girl in middleschool and highschool were so crazy about them. 

The movies are not any better, I watched the whole saga many times and every time I think they are stupid, also very rushed but I guess thats the same with any book/movie adaptation.