Register Now
skyfire

Windows 11 on Gaming Laptops

Most of the gaming laptop companies like ASUS, MSI and few others are releasing their hardware list which shows post December 2020 machines being accepted for the Windows 11 upgrade. They are not clear if earlier machine can install windows 11 etc. 

Anyone eligible for the Windows 11 upgrade on their gaming laptop?

I say most companies like Asus, MSI and Acer are just as shocked and news to them when microsoft announced regards to windows 111. Most low end budget cost Laptops won't able to run it 😞 

THEN AGAIN - On my 4 year old Laptop, Just only one yellow mark 🙂 That's since the CPU is not even listed or tested yet LOL

Capture.JPG.c0c7ecb0692d25b00d9079e321a55442.JPG

On 7/9/2021 at 6:34 AM, skyfire said:

There is a tool that checks for the upgrade criteria. I think most of the Post 2019 laptops and the devices are eligible. The below tool shows you if your machine is eligible. Lot of small checks included in it. 

https://github.com/rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11

Just ran that and it looks like I'll be ok, but given this thing is basically brand new it should be.

image_2021-07-14_235429.png.b7f42ef500d177949334120b33b9b14c.png

Edited by Shagger

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I haven't really checked as yet if I'm being honest. I normally just give it a year or two after official release so that Microsoft can address all major issues with their OP before I'll upgrade.

I am going to install it after the december so going to hold the upgrade as long as possible. The reason being it'd take 1 update to mature that operating system with reduced bugs. 

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am sure the post 2018 machines do have the TDM or the PTT module which intel and AMD both have it on their laptops. 

Yes, Asus had them in since 2015 😉 REgards other brands it's can be mixed. But for the last 5 years or less they should all have them other then budjet and small ATX boards. 

Edited by Empire

20 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Mine will run it, though I have no desire to upgrade at least a few years until it gets out of its pre-beta state. 

My sentiments exactly, having owned several iterations of Windows, there's always major issues within the first year or two of release so I'm just going to wait until they've addressed those major issues.