Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you ran a video game developer, how would you approach employee pay, hours, etc.?

I would tell the investors they just have to wait and that they don't get to set a deadline. I would have my employees work their best at games, and pay them a fair amount. They would get overtime if they decided to stay late to continue working on the game they were assigned to. They would do a 9-5 M-F. If they wanted overtime they could come in on the weekends by their choice. They could stay past 5:00 by their choice if they wanted to. After the game was completed, I would have a team of testers whose sole job was to play the game and document any bugs or broken issues with the game. Report it to the developers, and then have the developers work on the game to fix the issues. When the testers play it and give it the green light, then the game would be released to stores to buy.

I would do my full research on what person that I want and see their profile. Then content them and start talking away to see if they are interested and then once you get to known them and be in there happy books then you start talking MONEY

Me, I be after free 😛 

I'd like to think I'd treat everyone fairly, not crunch employees yet keep investors happy an in support of the company and make the business profitable, but I've never run a company, and saying all that is dreaming if we're being honest. I've never run a business, so I just can't say the kind of pressure it entails and there will have to be hard decisions and compromises along the way and not every is going to be pleased with the decisions you make.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:26 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Say you were in charge of running a video game developer. How would you handle project work flow, crunch time, and similar issues?

Personally, I believe there should be target as to what one needs to get done and I believe working with that is going to be fair to everyone.