Register Now
StaceyPowers

New World

Just now, killamch89 said:

Since I'm going to get a 3090, I think I'm going to stay clear of this one until I'm certain the issue has been fixed.

Yeah - if the issues are fixed or taken care of, it's definitely going to be very big challenge for it. 

I understand that PvP is cool and all, but most MMOs have proven that it isn't effective endgame content by itself, it needs solo/small team content to do outside of time. I think with such large player counts, there's an opportunity for truly mass PvE content. It wouldn't need the tight organization of a raid or dungeon content, but it would provide a lot of gameplay value.

I don't know, looking at those musketeers and those swordsmen bring me back to my Mount and Blade days. You don't need sophisticated A.I to make player-versus-enemy content fun and engaging in an MMO, that's why progression and gear systems exist

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

This one: New World was bricking EVGA 3090s but they had put out some patches to correct the issue. However, I am waiting on an update video of sorts to confirm that everything is running smoothly before I try to play New World on a 3090.

Wow that sucks!  I wouldn't blame anyone for nervous then especially with such an expensive card.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Hence why I'm not going to play this when I get my 3090 until I see the results of the patches.

Seriously - It's far more better to wait than to be impatient and get it now and starting cursing when it blows up in one's face.