Register Now
StaceyPowers

How long do you run your console in the heat before giving it a break?

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

If the heat is something dangerous to our consoles or PC, I wouldn't think those who are streaming consistently at twitch or YouTube will be running it often. 

Exactly my position on this subject. You can run your console for hours and even days as well, and it's going to run perfectly without any issues. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly my position on this subject. You can run your console for hours and even days as well, and it's going to run perfectly without any issues. 

That's why it is mainly called video game console. When I bought it, I have an objective of playing it as much as I want and not petting it. 

18 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

If the heat is something dangerous to our consoles or PC, I wouldn't think those who are streaming consistently at twitch or YouTube will be running it often. 

There is always a cooling system set up in the consoles that helps to cool it off even when you're playing so it doesn't heat up too much. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

There is always a cooling system set up in the consoles that helps to cool it off even when you're playing so it doesn't heat up too much. 

You're right dude. I've always experienced the sound around the back of my console like the sound of an air conditioner, I believe its tje inbuilt hardware cooler to the console. 

14 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

You're right dude. I've always experienced the sound around the back of my console like the sound of an air conditioner, I believe its tje inbuilt hardware cooler to the console. 

Yeah, I think its a fanning structure that kicks on immediately you power on the console. It doesn't allow it to heat up at all. 

On 9/14/2021 at 8:21 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Is there a limit to how long you will run your console in hot weather before you give it a break?

The only thing that makes me shutdown my Playstation 4 console is whenever I'm tired of playing the particular game and don't have another interesting one to play or when I'm playing but feeling sleepy. 

On 10/30/2021 at 2:27 PM, Boblee said:

Yeah, I think its a fanning structure that kicks on immediately you power on the console. It doesn't allow it to heat up at all. 

Yeah-, you're right. It's simply like the way you mentioned it. The cooler helps reduce the heat around the console, that's why the console doesn't explode during gaming. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yeah-, you're right. It's simply like the way you mentioned it. The cooler helps reduce the heat around the console, that's why the console doesn't explode during gaming. 

Some people make the mistake of putting their console on anything that's foam built structure which doesn't allow for proper ventilation and causes the system to over heat. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Some people make the mistake of putting their console on anything that's foam built structure which doesn't allow for proper ventilation and causes the system to over heat. 

Hmm, I wonder why an individual will do such a thing, that's simply an act of causing the video game console to experience malfunctioning in the near future without proper ventilation. 

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Hmm, I wonder why an individual will do such a thing, that's simply an act of causing the video game console to experience malfunctioning in the near future without proper ventilation. 

Some people don't really know it's not good for the system. My sister had the same problem with her laptop by putting it always on her bed till I corrected her. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some people don't really know it's not good for the system. My sister had the same problem with her laptop by putting it always on her bed till I corrected her. 

That would have ruined or damaged the laptop if it continued being used that way on the bed. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's not advised to keep the computer or console via a heat congested area, to avoid hitting up the CPU from going faulty at later stages. 

On 9/14/2021 at 8:21 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Is there a limit to how long you will run your console in hot weather before you give it a break?

As far as I know, there is no amount of hours you can run a console and it will get damaged. It's all about when I'm tired of playing that I give it a break.