Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy Definitive Edition Remastered

I bet the fans are excited that it was just announced that a remaster of GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas will be released on Dec 7 2021. I think 2022 for the ps5. The prices are likely to start out pretty high. But for those that played the series back in the day, this is probably going to be pretty nostalgic. Hope they did some good improvements. I'm definitely considering getting it when the price goes down. There is talk it may start at $70. So we will see how long the price holds up. 

I would imagine it's going to have the same music tracks missing as the PS2 ports we had too, if not more.. making this definitely not a "definitive edition".

From the screenshots I've seen, the graphics do look a lot cleaner - but it's also made them look a bit more cartoony. When they initially announced this, I was hopeful of the classics being totally re-imagined using the GTA 5 engine, but nope they're just another cash-in! 😔

I'm hyped to see what changes they will be making but at the same time, nervous that they will release a "remaster" that changes almost nothing. At this moment, I still have a bit of trust in Rockstar but we will have to wait and see I guess. Saying that, I probably will get it anyway. Really want to play Vice City again.