Register Now
StaceyPowers

Quest markers on the screen: helpful or annoying?

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

They all serve like a blueprint on how you should go with your plan of playing and it's the best way forward. 

Sure, and I wouldn't like missing out from the directions shown by the quest on the video game I'm playing. Cos, I don't want to be playing without direction or claw. 

On 3/9/2022 at 9:34 PM, Justin11 said:

Sure, and I wouldn't like missing out from the directions shown by the quest on the video game I'm playing. Cos, I don't want to be playing without direction or claw. 

Yeah, some gamers believe that they are pro enough to decide not to make use of it and they have to beat about the bush always. 

56 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, some gamers believe that they are pro enough to decide not to make use of it and they have to beat about the bush always. 

They'll continue hitting around the bush, because they've failed to take the right direction in their game. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

They'll continue hitting around the bush, because they've failed to take the right direction in their game. 

Although, some of them can be that good when it comes to their navigation abilities even without any outside help. 

It definitely can be annoying especially if they are visible when you are exploring the world itself. All the quest markers just on your screen can be extremely annoying. The games that offer to hide the markers or the ones that only have the markers on the map are the best.

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Although, some of them can be that good when it comes to their navigation abilities even without any outside help. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Some are good their is no doubt, but their is no need for them bragging about it when if they're pro gamers. 

I don't mind quest markers. I know some games even allow you to turn these features off, so that if you're someone who doesn't like a hud/lifebar on your screen. I know RDR2 had something like this, where you can turn everything off. You'd have to use signs and such to navigate. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm thinking of replaying rdr2 in that way. I want to see how challenging it can be when I actually have to figure out the direction. 

You will only tend to appreciate the game more when you replay it because your first play is always filled with pressure. 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm thinking of replaying rdr2 in that way. I want to see how challenging it can be when I actually have to figure out the direction. 

You have already completed playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for the first time? What didn't you like in the game initially?