Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you find most relaxing, Fallout or Elder Scrolls?

On 10/31/2021 at 7:50 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I think both Fallout and Elder Scrolls are incredibly relaxing game series. Though on the whole, I seem to find Fallout most relaxing. What about you?

The major elements of which the game Fallout was centered on - organized crime, prostitution and slavery makes it something I take to very easily. 

Oblivion was my first real experience of these kinds of games, and I love the world of Tamriel. So it has to be TES for me. Fallout is fantastic, of course. I love that world, too, and always look forward to new games in the series.

I suspect most of us here will feel like this. We might have our favorite but we love both.

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I played Elder scrolls via my friend's PS4 console earlier in the year, I am yet to play Fallout. But, I've watched several of it's trailers I'm satisfied with both games. 

I actually almost misread your comment here thinking that you already purchased your long awaited PS4. 

18 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I actually almost misread your comment here thinking that you already purchased your long awaited PS4. 

Laughs 😅😅. I won't be going for PS4 I believe I've told you this earlier. I am going for windows PC, due to the ability it has, to execute many tasks for me online and offline. I'll get it before Saturday this week, which is on 13th of November. My funds is almost complete for it. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Laughs 😅😅. I won't be going for PS4 I believe I've told you this earlier. I am going for windows PC, due to the ability it has, to execute many tasks for me online and offline. I'll get it before Saturday this week, which is on 13th of November. My funds is almost complete for it. 

Good luck my friend with your purchase quest of either the PC or PS4. They are both good game hardware. 

On 10/31/2021 at 7:50 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I think both Fallout and Elder Scrolls are incredibly relaxing game series. Though on the whole, I seem to find Fallout most relaxing. What about you?

Which Fallout series happens to be your favorite of them all? 

It's a bit of a mixed bag for me. With The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind there's always the concern that NPCs - including plot-critical ones - can die, and that completing the main quest can be rendered near impossible. In IV: Oblivion you've got to put up with the Oblivion gates spawning when you hand in the Amulet of Kings (and in fairness, you have to make an effort to reach the one at Kvatch without handing in the amulet). And in V: Skyrim you have dragons to contend with, who sometimes act competently and are a pain by staying in the air and sometimes glitching the game by not exiting combat when they decide to go away.

Fallout is the more relaxing series... when you're past the Interplay ones. Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Roleplaying Game gives you ~100 in-game days to retrieve a working water chip, and a second - but equally crucial - quest of stopping the Super Mutants from overwhelming the wasteland. In Fallout 2 there's a similar story where you have 13 in-game years to find the G.E.C.K, but that was more of a technical limitation as I recall reading the game breaks at that point, but that's way longer than 100 days. After that, all the other games remove the mechanical urgency, and to an extent, the thematic urgency.

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Which Fallout series happens to be your favorite of them all? 

New Vegas.

17 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

It's a bit of a mixed bag for me

I didn't know Morrowind is subject to quest-breaking NPC deaths (I have not played it yet). With Oblivion, I usually just walk carefully around most of the gates, except the ones I have to close. The dragons in Skyrim can get a bit tedious. I think in general, Skyrim is the buggiest of the lot though, which can definitely disrupt the relaxation value. Fallout 3 and NV rarely actually glitch on me, except in that they slowly break as my save file grows on PS3. But I believe that has more to do with the system I'm on than the games, and at least it is a predictable decline.