Register Now
StaceyPowers

Optimism in games is usually about moral victory

On 12/4/2021 at 1:05 PM, Heatman said:

There were so many analysis that was drawn to Skyrim copying a lot from so many other games and movies as well which Merlin was one of such movies. 

Yeah, that's the case with the game but it doesn't seem like it is a big deal since no one is sueing for their rights being copied or anything. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, that's the case with the game but it doesn't seem like it is a big deal since no one is sueing for their rights being copied or anything. 

Exactly, it's something that I never got to hear a whiff of, otherwise the media would have blown it all up and it's not going to bode well for the game company. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's something that I never got to hear a whiff of, otherwise the media would have blown it all up and it's not going to bode well for the game company. 

Don't be surprised that they have done all the background work to make sure that even if they copied any other brand, they wouldn't have any legal problems. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I believe they've read the terms of using same trademark name with another company. And come up with solution that gave them license of operation, which wouldn't make them face any serious penalty. 

Unless there is no way other games would categorically lay claim on having their concept copied, then there wouldn't be anything to worry about. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Unless there is no way other games would categorically lay claim on having their concept copied, then there wouldn't be anything to worry about. 

One way or another, they are copying themselves in one way or another, so it's not really a big deal. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

If a company that copied it's unique company name copied from another and register it via a legal way with some difference I don't see any infringement in that. Because I've seen two companies before online and offline bearing almost 100% same name. 

9 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I don't even see the reason why another will be copying the other's company's trademark name, that's pathetic even if their is little difference. Their are plenty of names to choose and balance his or her business up. 

They actually copy other games in order for them to meet up with what is been expected of them and the video games but it is not really a good approach in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I don't even see the reason why another will be copying the other's company's trademark name, that's pathetic even if their is little difference. Their are plenty of names to choose and balance his or her business up. 

These video games companies actually copy themselves in order for them to be able to make up for what they done to me they have which is very necessary for the particular game that they are building.

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

These video games companies actually copy themselves in order for them to be able to make up for what they done to me they have which is very necessary for the particular game that they are building.

Yeah, they do copy themselves that's why their features are almost the same when it comes to upgrade. It's just like the micro-transaction, and feature of loot boxes, it's simply in most games. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

I just wish I can wake up overnight and hear that, video game companies have reached consensus to remove all sort of micro-transactions in video games, and make it optional for anyone. 

You should just wake up from the dream world because that's something that's never going to happen no matter anyone says. 

14 minutes ago, Boblee said:

You should just wake up from the dream world because that's something that's never going to happen no matter anyone says. 

xD 😅, I'm simply going fantasy world with such dream. I know any decision that have been made official via gaming hardly delist. I don't think such dream of mine can materialize, due to how eager video game companies are in love with money.