Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is difficulty in games ever an accessibility issue? If so, when?

On 11/16/2021 at 10:04 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Ghost of Tsushima is a game you can't get your mind off, if you get started. Here is the trailer for the game below. 

It's the game's graphics for me. You will hardly know it's not a real life make up but games. 

First and foremost I am not an elitist and most of the times I'm all for more options for gamers. In this case however I'm certainly not. The whole point of these games is to challenge the players. The whole image that is surrounding these games is the 'mythical' difficulty. Take that away and these games lose some of their mystery and charm.

You could even say that giving these games a lower difficulty would make the gaming world more boring because it's games like this that keeps gaming fresh and exciting. Dumb question. How many games don't allow you to change difficulty? Because this only seems to come up about fromsoft games. So having less then 7 games no difficulty setting compared with most modern games.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The difficulty in games can be changed in the settings menu which makes it accessible to most people with varying degrees of motor skill refinement.

Seriously, it's something that I believe that most gamers are well aware of how it's done without having to stress too much about it. 

On 11/16/2021 at 1:29 PM, Heatman said:

There are some games that I have few challenges getting around its play like in Ghost of Tsushima where making use of arrow and bow is very difficult for me to get used to. 

What are you doing when it comes to your learning how to get the practice well learnt? You can watch YouTube videos on how to do it. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

What are you doing when it comes to your learning how to get the practice well learnt? You can watch YouTube videos on how to do it. 

There is a very good friend of mine who's really good at the game. I'm considering getting some direct lessons from him. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

There is a very good friend of mine who's really good at the game. I'm considering getting some direct lessons from him. 

Wow, that's really awesome. You should do that mate because I'm very sure that it's going to be very effective in helping you to master archery 🎯 in the game. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Wow, that's really awesome. You should do that mate because I'm very sure that it's going to be very effective in helping you to master archery 🎯 in the game. 

It's the best way forward for me in learning that because I have tried reading up a lot on how to get it right and master it but all to no avail. 

On 11/18/2021 at 5:39 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, it's something that I believe that most gamers are well aware of how it's done without having to stress too much about it. 

There are some people that want to play a harder difficulty than they can manage and then complain that it's too hard. If you want to challenge yourself, you should prepare for a lot of failed attempts before you get it right.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

There are some people that want to play a harder difficulty than they can manage and then complain that it's too hard. If you want to challenge yourself, you should prepare for a lot of failed attempts before you get it right.

How a gamer blame the game or others for the outcome of his decisions on how to play a particular game? It does not work like that. 

On 11/21/2021 at 6:31 AM, Boblee said:

How a gamer blame the game or others for the outcome of his decisions on how to play a particular game? It does not work like that. 

If you decide to go head on head with the highest level of difficulty, you shouldn't blame the game for being brutal for you. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you decide to go head on head with the highest level of difficulty, you shouldn't blame the game for being brutal for you. 

It's actually why you would never see me nagging over a game when I get a beat down especially when I want to play at the most difficult level. 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's actually why you would never see me nagging over a game when I get a beat down especially when I want to play at the most difficult level. 

When you set up a game on how you want it to play, how in the world are you going to blame the game for being as you set it? 

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

When you set up a game on how you want it to play, how in the world are you going to blame the game for being as you set it? 

It's the mistake and misconception that most gamers keep on making and it keeps ending up to bite them back when they least expect it.