Register Now
StaceyPowers

Developers or publishers with which you have a love-hate relationship?

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

EA will never change, it's like they enjoy being hated. 

This is practically something that's never going to change. In fact, I completely agree with you on this about them being open to be hated by gamers. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

This is practically something that's never going to change. In fact, I completely agree with you on this about them being open to be hated by gamers. 

EA and Ubisoft will always be EA and Ubisoft without any doubt because it's like they have a copy of failed plans they vowed to stick to. 

On 12/14/2021 at 2:03 PM, Boblee said:

The thing is, it doesn't matter to them if gamers hate them, because they're still making tons of money off of the gamers who still support them. It would take a lot of mistakes on EAs part to really see any problems. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The thing is, it doesn't matter to them if gamers hate them, because they're still making tons of money off of the gamers who still support them. It would take a lot of mistakes on EAs part to really see any problems. 

Just quoting this post but it's meanly directed at the hate EA gets.

So Let's play the advocate of the devil here

Answer this question -> Are 2k sports games that better then EA their sport titles? No they are not! Why because those companies have a monopoly on a certain sporst wheter it's football, soccer, wrestling, etc. They know they can get away with shoving a half assed product out there, how many times i've told myself i'm not going to buy fifa this year but in the end i usually end up buying it because i have no other option. I want to play with the real team names and players etc. There is simply no other gaming option out there and these companies know it.

Blame it on the NFL, NBA, WWE, FIFA for being greedy and selling there rights to the highest bidder, because Let's face it a smaller dev would never be able to compete with a ea or 2k for the rights, just imagine how awesome would it be if we would get another NFL Blitz.

You could also argue Fifa had the journey modes and now volta ( don't know if it's in fifa22) but how many people actually played this, i played trough volta last year and while cheesy at best  for an offline player like myself it was a welcome addition, when the last achievement popped it had like 3.5 completion rate. So that's 35 people out of 1000. Why waste money, time and energy for a few people.

Clearly if i was a dev i would focus my attention on where the most players and where the money is to be made, because at the end of the day that is what everybody business is about -> making money. 

2 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Clearly if i was a dev i would focus my attention on where the most players and where the money is to be made, because at the end of the day that is what everybody business is about -> making money. 

This is actually what almost if not all gaming companies are after now. It's very obvious from how their projects have been playing out for them over the years. 

And no one will ever open a business just to record loses, profit is the first thing that will run in their minds. But the quality of what they're offering should be top notch before being money focused. 

Edited by Justin11

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

And no one will ever open a business just to record loses, profit is the first thing that will run in their minds. But the quality of what they're offering should be top notch before being money focused. 

Well, I believe that when you have a service or products that's well developed, the way it's going to sell isn't going to be a problem for you at all. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It's better not to start such a business in the first place but it's not that I'm supportive of all the rubbish they are doing with their games. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's better not to start such a business in the first place but it's not that I'm supportive of all the rubbish they are doing with their games. 

That's cool not to support all the rubbish they've been doing. I never loved the idea of supporting something detestable or below par. 

On 3/3/2022 at 4:40 AM, Yaramaki said:

Just quoting this post but it's meanly directed at the hate EA gets.

So Let's play the advocate of the devil here

Answer this question -> Are 2k sports games that better then EA their sport titles? No they are not! Why because those companies have a monopoly on a certain sporst wheter it's football, soccer, wrestling, etc. They know they can get away with shoving a half assed product out there, how many times i've told myself i'm not going to buy fifa this year but in the end i usually end up buying it because i have no other option. I want to play with the real team names and players etc. There is simply no other gaming option out there and these companies know it.

Blame it on the NFL, NBA, WWE, FIFA for being greedy and selling there rights to the highest bidder, because Let's face it a smaller dev would never be able to compete with a ea or 2k for the rights, just imagine how awesome would it be if we would get another NFL Blitz.

You could also argue Fifa had the journey modes and now volta ( don't know if it's in fifa22) but how many people actually played this, i played trough volta last year and while cheesy at best  for an offline player like myself it was a welcome addition, when the last achievement popped it had like 3.5 completion rate. So that's 35 people out of 1000. Why waste money, time and energy for a few people.

In regards to 2K, that's debatable. Madden has been a shell of itself for probably a decade now, with minimal changes over that time. 2K sports games are at least consistent and play like what you'd expect a sports sim to play. At least when it comes to NBA. And the presentation is on a whole other level. Presentation isn't great when it comes to EA, because they're lazy in that area. I can't comment on FIFA or other sports titles though from EA, but I assume their yearly releases have hurt them in the sense that they don't really do a whole lot different each year. 

13 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I don't have any love for 2K gaming company. The same thing goes with Marvel's. They aren't doing better to my liking at all. 

What's the worst 2K made video games that you have played that made you hate them and their games so much now? 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah exactly i recently read an article that mentioned that only 20% of the games released ever turn a profit.