Register Now
PGen98

Saints Row Reboot Delayed to August 2022

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I wouldn't say it's a remaster, it's more of a reboot as it's a whole new story in a different time.

My bad. 😅

Reboot, reimagining, remake, it wasn't going to get much better than this. I think being a technical trainwreck is the only thing that makes this particular instalment noteworthy, otherwise it would've been an average entry to the series at best.

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The whole thing that worked for Saints Row was the goofiness I think. I think this new game has that goofiness, but the other bits are bringing it down. 

I think it worked once. My suspension of disbelief over Mr. Sunshine's disembodied head still being alive in Saints Row 2 was acceptable. Saints Row 3 & 4 were just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what stuck, most of it did not because it was tied to the core of Saints Row. This game seems to suffer the same problems but is further held back by awful writing (save for "stop blocking me, I gotta take a shit"), outdated and mostly unironic jokes, and again the technical errors.

All Saints Row 2022 achieves is rebooting the same formula as expected, which doesn't play to the later SR games' strengths as there was always something bigger (and on a few occasions better) than the last. A reboot of the original game's more (but obviously not entirely) down-to-Earth tone would've been far more interesting, if not as pulse-pounding (which I'd prefer because this game just looks like sensory Hell like RAGE 2 was.)

I don't mean to have a go at you personally with this, I'm just pining for the days when GTA had a serious competitor after the PS2 open world craze with True Crime and so forth. It's not really fair of me to bash Saints Row for being what Saints Row has been since its third (second?) instalment.

Edited by Withywarlock

Yesterday I've already seen a few stores slashing the price down to 50 bucks already and that was before the game was even out, since it launches today. Woulden't be suprised if it goes down to 20-30 bucks within the next 2 months. Maybe at 20-25 i'll pick up a copy but as expected from violition they done and fucked it up (again). While i'm definalty going to play the game at some point, i kinda fear if sales are bad and they probably will be bad this is the nail in the coffin for the saints row franchise but you never know maybe thq nordic/deep silver will feel the need to remaster the first 2 games at some point in the future and milk the saints row ip completly dry and you know i would not be suprised if they did.

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh for sure. I just saw another review saying it was "Ugly and Boring Hot Trash", according to this site: https://www.gaminginstincts.com/review/saints-row-review-ugly-and-boring-hot-trash/

And they did a video review for it too: 

It's not looking good at all for them. 

Over 4 or 5 reviews now have already kicked out on the game for being a big failure based on what the developers have done with the game. All of them can't be lying at the same time. 

The game is really a piece of crap and there's a good chance it's not going to sell well enough. 

12 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Yesterday I've already seen a few stores slashing the price down to 50 bucks already and that was before the game was even out, since it launches today. Woulden't be suprised if it goes down to 20-30 bucks within the next 2 months. Maybe at 20-25 i'll pick up a copy but as expected from violition they done and fucked it up (again). While i'm definalty going to play the game at some point, i kinda fear if sales are bad and they probably will be bad this is the nail in the coffin for the saints row franchise but you never know maybe thq nordic/deep silver will feel the need to remaster the first 2 games at some point in the future and milk the saints row ip completly dry and you know i would not be suprised if they did.

Yeah it's going to go down in price pretty fast. It's already being discounted at some stores I heard. I wouldn't doubt in the coming weeks it'll be half off. 

15 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

My bad. 😅

Reboot, reimagining, remake, it wasn't going to get much better than this. I think being a technical trainwreck is the only thing that makes this particular instalment noteworthy, otherwise it would've been an average entry to the series at best.

I think it worked once. My suspension of disbelief over Mr. Sunshine's disembodied head still being alive in Saints Row 2 was acceptable. Saints Row 3 & 4 were just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what stuck, most of it did not because it was tied to the core of Saints Row. This game seems to suffer the same problems but is further held back by awful writing (save for "stop blocking me, I gotta take a shit"), outdated and mostly unironic jokes, and again the technical errors.

All Saints Row 2022 achieves is rebooting the same formula as expected, which doesn't play to the later SR games' strengths as there was always something bigger (and on a few occasions better) than the last. A reboot of the original game's more (but obviously not entirely) down-to-Earth tone would've been far more interesting, if not as pulse-pounding (which I'd prefer because this game just looks like sensory Hell like RAGE 2 was.)

I don't mean to have a go at you personally with this, I'm just pining for the days when GTA had a serious competitor after the PS2 open world craze with True Crime and so forth. It's not really fair of me to bash Saints Row for being what Saints Row has been since its third (second?) instalment.

No worries. I think the big issue with this game, is that it doesn't have that Saints Row soul. It may be a carbon copy of the last game in lost of aspects, but it doesn't have that same feeling it used to have. As well, the bugs are hurting it a lot. I think once those are sorted out, you may have a better game, but idk. I think going back to the same style of gameplay, hurts it. They needed to re-invent saints row I believe. 

Yeah they didn't change a whole lot, and with it kinda being a reboot, we thought it was going to be different enough, and it just seems like a shoddy version of its former self. Because I don't think the last Saints Row was this buggy. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Over 4 or 5 reviews now have already kicked out on the game for being a big failure based on what the developers have done with the game. All of them can't be lying at the same time. 

The game is really a piece of crap and there's a good chance it's not going to sell well enough. 

It's getting some okay reviews here and there. I saw IGN gave it a 6, which isn't great, but isn't that bad either. And it got an 8/10 at another site, which I don't know how anyone would rate it so high. 

I think once they fix the issues, it'll be a lot more competent, but we'll see how it turns out. 

On 8/23/2022 at 11:09 PM, Kane99 said:

It's getting some okay reviews here and there. I saw IGN gave it a 6, which isn't great, but isn't that bad either. And it got an 8/10 at another site, which I don't know how anyone would rate it so high. 

I think once they fix the issues, it'll be a lot more competent, but we'll see how it turns out. 

Well, they have lots of work to do with fixing the bugs issues with the game. At least, it's one good to give gamers a better gaming experience with the game. There isn't much improvement from the last one, so to deal with this level of issues with the game isn't cool at all. 

On 8/23/2022 at 11:09 PM, Kane99 said:

I was already wondering how well this game is doing in the market at the moment, I know it hasn't been talked about as much since after it's release though.