Register Now
Heatman

Do you make use of game's tutorials?

I don't always use the tutorials for some reason. If they don't force it on you, I rarely bother with tutorials unless I can't figure out the controls. There are times where I need to learn the controls for sure, but some games I find I can pick up without them. 

20 hours ago, Darth said:

It will depend a lot on the game and whether I've played a game from the same series before. Like for FIFA, they always have a "starter" game where they show you the controls as well. I completely skip that. But with other games, I'll tend to follow the tutorial just to make sure I don't miss out on anything.

The tutorials are very helpful when  it's used in the right way because it's going to give you all you need to play the game with more information on it. 

21 hours ago, Darth said:

It will depend a lot on the game and whether I've played a game from the same series before. Like for FIFA, they always have a "starter" game where they show you the controls as well. I completely skip that. But with other games, I'll tend to follow the tutorial just to make sure I don't miss out on anything.

Exactly, the nature of the game one plays go to a very long extent in determining whether to make use of tutorials or not. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

FIFA got the beginners mode, where you'll learn the basic starter controls to play the game if you're just starting newly. From there, you'll simply play safe and keep improving. 

Every video games come with one. It's how the tutorials comes in that makes it something that can be used relatively often or not. 

On 12/12/2021 at 9:18 AM, Boblee said:

Every video games come with one. It's how the tutorials comes in that makes it something that can be used relatively often or not. 

That's the way to go for most gamers and the games that they play. They generally make use of it to highlight what's important for them to do. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's the way to go for most gamers and the games that they play. They generally make use of it to highlight what's important for them to do. 

If you want to learn when you are very new to any video games, the game's tutorials are dedicated to you because you can't do without it. 

On 12/12/2021 at 9:18 AM, Boblee said:

Such makes it possible too to come with tutorials which is essential for gamer's improved gameplay. 

One thing I noticed when I don't use tutorials, is that there has been times where I miss a certain ability because I outright skip them. I think one of the Assassin's Creed games I had this happen to me, where I found out there was a move I could do to make fights easier. And if I had just done the tutorials, I would have known what to do. So maybe I should start to do some of the tutorials, so that I don't miss anything. I figured I would have figured out all the moves as I played, as most games do tutorials as you play. But I think AC had different moves you could open at one point, so maybe that was it. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

As much as you think that you are a pro in playing a particular game, once you skip the tutorials it comes with, you will definitely miss out something that's very important. 

Yeah, that's something which can easily happen especially when it's a game that you never played before or watched its gameplay by another. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's something which can easily happen especially when it's a game that you never played before or watched its gameplay by another. 

Watching other people play some games can really be fun in a way for me because I get to pick up a few tricks from how they play. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

Watching other people play some games can really be fun in a way for me because I get to pick up a few tricks from how they play. 

I have watched so many full gameplay of some games on YouTube. In fact, to some extent, I prefer it over watching movies. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have watched so many full gameplay of some games on YouTube. In fact, to some extent, I prefer it over watching movies. 

I have been doing that every now and then especially when I need to to get spoilers on the game. I don't have anything against spoilers.