Register Now
StormyFire

The future

Do you think that in the future (over the next 10 years or so), PC gaming will grow or decline? Why do you think so?

I stongly prefer PC gaming, but unfortunately, I think that the price of some parts like graphics cards will cause more people to go for consoles.

If anything, consoles are becoming more and more like PCs. The big thing is this though. We may see streaming take over in the next 5-10 years. Which means we could see less consoles. I don't think we'll outright get rid of pcs, but I think consoles gaming will change a lot. 

VR will continue to be a gimmick. It is not going anywhere.

I think that gaming as a whole will continue to spiral more and more to a sterilized / mainstream formula of games targeted towards twitch streamers in the format of either very highly competitive/social games or very casual/laid back games with the emphasis on driving media platforms like Twitch which continue to grow more and more every year.  This means that the best games will eventually become games that provide the best stream content. We are already starting to see this, especially with games like House Flipper.

On 12/30/2021 at 2:29 AM, skyfire said:

Only thing that may die these days is the retro boxes in shopping mall. they have been going extinct in some 1st and 2nd world market already. 

They're not going anywhere either. And you're also wrong about them going extinct. They are still selling almost as well as they did the day they launched.