Register Now
Kane99

Hard to go back to controller after getting used to mouse/keyboard?

When it comes to gaming, we're either using a controller or a mouse and keyboard. I have gamed mostly on consoles for the majority of my life, but since I got my first gaming PC built, I haven't really looked back. Well, I still use controllers on PC. But I found I use keyboard more often than I used to and have been considering switching to mouse and keyboard more often. But, have you ever had a hard time going back to a controller once you use a mouse and keyboard exclusively for a while? 

I feel like I would never stop using controllers for some games, but I'm starting to realize that maybe some games are best with a mouse and keyboard. First person shooters are probably best with a mouse and keyboard, and I think I'm finally going to make that change. 

Anyway, if you ever go back to using a controller, do you ever find it hard going back to playing that way? Or do you usually get used to it again faily quickly? 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I really don't think I can play efficiently with the keyboard via role-playing games, unless around motorcycle GP games or any other easy video games. 

Some gamers used to say that there are games that are best suited for play on PC using mouse and keyboard rather than on consoles. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Some gamers used to say that there are games that are best suited for play on PC using mouse and keyboard rather than on consoles. 

Most PC gamers would always tell you that it's far more better in control to play most games using mouse and keyboard unlike controllers. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Most PC gamers would always tell you that it's far more better in control to play most games using mouse and keyboard unlike controllers. 

It's the same thing with those who are more used to playing on PlayStation or Xbox consoles. They find it very hard to adjust to playing with keyboard and mouse. 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's their own selection, as for me, anything isn't played using a controller isn't going to be enjoyable. That's why I don't get to enjoy gaming with smart phone. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's their own selection, as for me, anything isn't played using a controller isn't going to be enjoyable. That's why I don't get to enjoy gaming with smart phone. 

That it's not enjoyable doesn't mean that you ain't going to be playing on it once in a while right? 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

That it's not enjoyable doesn't mean that you ain't going to be playing on it once in a while right? 

I never get in touch with that before, I have no experience playing video games with a keyboard nor a mouse via PC. Even when I played with my cousin's PC back in the days. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I never get in touch with that before, I have no experience playing video games with a keyboard nor a mouse via PC. Even when I played with my cousin's PC back in the days. 

Well, I believe that once you get to play more games on PC and try out using mouse and keyboard often, you can easily get used to it. 

Makes sense I guess since that is the new system that you have become accustomed to. As a long time console gamer, I always struggle a bit to play Valorant on my laptop. It just feels a bit too weird to control movement with your keyboard whilst shooting using a mouse.

5 minutes ago, Darth said:

Makes sense I guess since that is the new system that you have become accustomed to. As a long time console gamer, I always struggle a bit to play Valorant on my laptop. It just feels a bit too weird to control movement with your keyboard whilst shooting using a mouse.

Yeah, it's something that keeps happening to me when I was adjusting to playing with PC keyboard and mouse, after have used console controllers for ages. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well, I believe that once you get to play more games on PC and try out using mouse and keyboard often, you can easily get used to it. 

Change is always essential, when I see reasons for it, I'll definitely try it out since is part of the key component of a PC, I'll simply use it too via gaming. 

17 hours ago, Darth said:

I actually find it that averagely easy to adapt and adjust from one gaming platform to another. Yeah, I played on consoles more but I have given more time to PC as well.