Register Now
Kane99

Hard to go back to controller after getting used to mouse/keyboard?

Yeah the nice thing about PC gaming is the choice. I agree with your genres. I'm playing Hades with a controller, but I wouldn't play a FPS, Cities Skylines, Starcraft, or Civilization with anything but KBM. Depends on the game that you play, FPS is Keyboard and not cpntroller as I can't handle Auto aim. 

35 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I actually find it that averagely easy to adapt and adjust from one gaming platform to another. Yeah, I played on consoles more but I have given more time to PC as well. 

Console to console is not an issue for me, to be honest. I can switch from a PS5 controller to the Series X one pretty easily without any issues. But yeah, PC gives me a bit more trouble considering how different it is. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Change is always essential, when I see reasons for it, I'll definitely try it out since is part of the key component of a PC, I'll simply use it too via gaming. 

When you get to play on the PC for a while after playing on console ( your Playstation 3) you will definitely pick up and get used to mouse and keyboard. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

When you get to play on the PC for a while after playing on console ( your Playstation 3) you will definitely pick up and get used to mouse and keyboard. 

I really don't know if I'll be doing that, I'm simply settled playing with my controller and not even with PC keyboard, I can manage mouse. 

19 hours ago, Darth said:

Console to console is not an issue for me, to be honest. I can switch from a PS5 controller to the Series X one pretty easily without any issues. But yeah, PC gives me a bit more trouble considering how different it is. 

The playing controllers are very different from PCs to console's. It's why most gamers find it hard to adapt very quickly. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

The playing controllers are very different from PCs to console's. It's why most gamers find it hard to adapt very quickly. 

Exactly, it's why I try as much as I can to try out each gaming platform all the time in order to get used to it very well. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, it's why I try as much as I can to try out each gaming platform all the time in order to get used to it very well. 

This is a great way to go about using these gaming platforms and it would help you not to be a slave to any particular one like I am to Playstation consoles. 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm a PC gamer but for me it depends on the kind of game. For instance, when I play GTA or Watch Dogs, I find that the controller works best for maneuvering the vehicles while I use mouse and keyboard in FPS games.

There are some PC controller for those that aren't comfortable with playing using keyboard and mouse. It makes it easy for such gamers. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

There are some PC controller for those that aren't comfortable with playing using keyboard and mouse. It makes it easy for such gamers. 

Most console gamers that never get used to playing with keyboard and mouse always make use of such PC 💻 controllers. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Everybody has their preferences but some games like GTA is more optimized to be played with a controller as it's easier to control the vehicles.

What do you guys think is best for gaming? A keyboard or a controller? I suppose it depends on the genre. Lets say FPS? I think most would say a mouse and keyboard for that. Personally I go with controller for FPS games, but maybe I should start using mouse/keyboard more often. 

On 12/2/2021 at 7:54 AM, Heatman said:

I actually find it that averagely easy to adapt and adjust from one gaming platform to another. Yeah, I played on consoles more but I have given more time to PC as well. 

Yeah same here. I may prefer controller, but I can adapt to whatever it is I'm playing with. You kinda have to play some games.