Register Now
StormyFire

Innovation

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Overwolf, Epic Games, Roblox and Dapper Labs are good gaming companies that's very innovative with their games. 

Fortnite is one Epic game's franchise that's come out good enough to the best of my knowledge and it's quite frankly creative. 

On 3/16/2022 at 9:37 AM, Boblee said:

In your own opinion, which recently developed and released video games would you consider their developers as being innovative? 

I think nintendo is imo the most innovative company, i mean they reinvented themselves with the Wii console, got a stinker (albeit great system imo) with the wiiu and bounced back with the switch. 

Take any recently inhouse developed game by nintendo there is always something innovative in their games, Mario oddysey pretty much revamped the mario franchise, Breath of the wild gives you a sense of freedom i've experienced in maybe a handful of games. Super smash brothers is kinda the ultimate tournament f and local co-op fighter. Super mario maker while pretty much a creation tool, it's a game you could in theory play endlessly. Fire emblem three houses dare i say it's best strategy Rpg i have played. Should i go on😉

1 minute ago, Yaramaki said:

I think nintendo is imo the most innovative company, i mean they reinvented themselves with the Wii console, got a stinker (albeit great system imo) with the wiiu and bounced back with the switch. 

Take any recently inhouse developed game by nintendo there is always something innovative in their games, Mario oddysey pretty much revamped the mario franchise, Breath of the wild gives you a sense of freedom i've experienced in maybe a handful of games. Super smash brothers is kinda the ultimate tournament f and local co-op fighter. Super mario maker while pretty much a creation tool, it's a game you could in theory play endlessly. Fire emblem three houses dare i say it's best strategy Rpg i have played. Should i go on😉

Please go on and feed me more!! Nintendo is definitely good with being innovative especially with their games on Switch. 

14 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

One thing that I love so much about their games is the one's that they make exclusively for their platform. It's a game they have developed to its perfection. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

One thing that I love so much about their games is the one's that they make exclusively for their platform. It's a game they have developed to its perfection. 

Nintendo is a perfect gaming platform. It's why whenever I get into playing on it, it's something that I see out. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

Nintendo is a perfect gaming platform. It's why whenever I get into playing on it, it's something that I see out. 

Just look at the racing game Fast RMX on Nintendo Switch. It's an interesting and exciting game. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Just look at the racing game Fast RMX on Nintendo Switch. It's an interesting and exciting game. 

The game Fast RMX have been around for years but feels golden whenever you play it. 

On 3/19/2022 at 8:57 AM, Boblee said:

The game Fast RMX have been around for years but feels golden whenever you play it. 

Yeah, a racing track and cars from the future is what it looks like in deep space. 

On 3/17/2022 at 4:45 PM, Boblee said:

Please go on and feed me more!! Nintendo is definitely good with being innovative especially with their games on Switch. 

I think telltale games should be worth a mention since they Revolutionized the adventure and point and click genre. The first walking dead game was a master piece, it's a shame telltale started pumping games left and right without ever really changing or improving on their mechanics, i've recently played the walking dead final season and low and behold it still plays the same as the first walking dead. Gameplay is still bare minimum but i guess that's not why you play these games.

Dontnod with their Life is strange games kinda copied the telltale formula but vastly improved upon it.

Stardew valley is another game i would like to bring up, that game takes all the great elements from farming games from harvest moon/stardew valley and combine it with rpg elements and vastly improved on anything SOS/HV have done, the fact you still discover new stuff after over a hundred hours of gameplay says it all. Not only is it the best farming game out there, it also popularized the farming/life simulation genre as a whole.

The recently released harvest moon is absolute garbage and story of seasons pioneers of olive town, while not bad it left me with mixed feeling as it could have so much more. The fact Stardew valley was made by one person makes it even more impressive.

Man i could list tons more but feels like i'm beating a dead horse.

On 3/20/2022 at 11:48 PM, Boblee said:

Yeah, I did and it's quite unique as well. They both have good similarities. 

At least, the game is on Playstation 4, so I may likely get it after reading reviews on it. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

At least, the game is on Playstation 4, so I may likely get it after reading reviews on it. 

That's the good part about it. If it's on lower console, I will find it very difficult to adjust to playing it.