Register Now
Kane99

If you could revisit one gaming generation, what would it be and why?

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

I would like to go back to playing the first release of Pac-Man series which is about 40 years now. Pac-Man 99 was released April 2021 and it shows how far the game has come. 

Yeah, the latest release of Pac-Man 99 does look cool to the best of my knowledge 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, the latest release of Pac-Man 99 does look cool to the best of my knowledge 

For now the latest Pac-Man 99 that's available on Nintendo Switch happens to be my favorite of the game series for now. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

For now the latest Pac-Man 99 that's available on Nintendo Switch happens to be my favorite of the game series for now. 

I have the game Pac-Man 99 already and if I'm to rate it, I will give it at least a minimum of 8/10.

On 12/14/2021 at 7:13 PM, Boblee said:

Old games gives a special kind of feeling because you're now older and being more able to evaluate and appreciate the games better. 

Even up to now, I still love some old games, I still go over at the PS2 to play those games of early 2000s I played back then, notably F.F X. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have the game Pac-Man 99 already and if I'm to rate it, I will give it at least a minimum of 8/10.

Personally, I would also be willing to give the new Pac-Man 99 game the same rating of 8/10 or 9/10. The game keeps getting better and better. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

Personally, I would also be willing to give the new Pac-Man 99 game the same rating of 8/10 or 9/10. The game keeps getting better and better. 

Exactly, for it to start from Pac-Man and now at Pac-Man 99, shows the commitment gamers have on the game so far. 

On 12/15/2021 at 6:27 AM, Boblee said:

I would like to go back to playing the first release of Pac-Man series which is about 40 years now. Pac-Man 99 was released April 2021 and it shows how far the game has come. 

Would be an interesting time to go back to. Seeing the many arcades, and seeing what Pac-Man and other arcades did for the time. I grew up in the 90s, so arcades weren't as huge back then, and soon enough, most arcades are pretty much gone. So I think it would have been cool, going to the arcade on the weekends to play games. I never got to experience that, so I'd go back and do that I think. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Would be an interesting time to go back to. Seeing the many arcades, and seeing what Pac-Man and other arcades did for the time. I grew up in the 90s, so arcades weren't as huge back then, and soon enough, most arcades are pretty much gone. So I think it would have been cool, going to the arcade on the weekends to play games. I never got to experience that, so I'd go back and do that I think. 

It was the reason why I had to specifically point the game and made it known very well that it's something that I would like to go back for because of how fun I believe it would be.

Personally, I would also give everything to have them arcade fully back because they were very interesting piece of play. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I would also give everything to have them arcade fully back because they were very interesting piece of play. 

Exactly. Arcades are awesome. And it's not just the arcade machines themselves, it's the atmosphere, the people who used to go to them, the fun times you'd have with friends and so on. Arcades were a social experience that no longer exists, at least not in the same way it once used to. I miss arcades because I never fully got to experience them. My uncle had a short lives bar with arcade machines, but that was it. I barely remember playing most of the arcade games there. 

What's funny, is that there has been an arcade here in my hometown for the past few years now, and I still haven't gone to it. 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

What's funny, is that there has been an arcade here in my hometown for the past few years now, and I still haven't gone to it. 

If you are very sure that there has been an arcade here in your hometown for the past few years now, why haven't you gone there? 

Exactly. Arcades are awesome. And it's not just the arcade machines themselves, it's the atmosphere, the people who used to go to them, the fun times you'd have with friends and so on. Arcades were a social experience that no longer exists, at least not in the same way it once used to. I miss arcades because I never fully got to experience them. My uncle had a short lives bar with arcade machines, but that was it. I barely remember playing most of the arcade games there. 

We still have a few openings here where arcade games are available and I do visit there once in a while to relive old gaming memories. 

On 12/19/2021 at 9:45 AM, Heatman said:

If you are very sure that there has been an arcade here in your hometown for the past few years now, why haven't you gone there? 

Well covid started up soon after and I just never bothered to go. As well I'm unsure as to what arcades they got. They have other games, like the basketball one, and a few others. Saw images inside and it looks good. I'm surprised it's still open, because I don't know if many people even go there.