Register Now
Kane99

If you could revisit one gaming generation, what would it be and why?

22 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It feels good to pick up from where it ended years back via a video game. Going back to 70's Atari console games isn't a bad idea because that's what you've experienced earlier on. 

I wasn't born until 1984 though, so for me it would be exploring a world I've never seen.

1 hour ago, Family sedan said:

I can only imagine the thrill of time traveling to play an older console.

And to also let people know how cool gaming will be in the future. I think it'd be cool to bring a game from the future somehow and show them how advanced things really get. Imagine their reactions. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

And to also let people know how cool gaming will be in the future. I think it'd be cool to bring a game from the future somehow and show them how advanced things really get. Imagine their reactions. 

I'm all in for that one. Let's say get a game from 50 years time into our reality now and see how we can progress in the future. 

Minecraft can be played by older people too you have to be into building games or/and have a lot of time on your hands. Also kids being annoying means you have to go for private communities or just stick to singleplayer. Similar story for other building games like Gmod or Terraria. I could see minecraft falling out of favor with the little guys. No idea what they go for now. They might just be watching lets plays where people scream instead of talking.

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Between playing the ones from the old or the ones from the future, which one do you think would be more fun? 

Both could be awesome.  I guess seeing the future might be more fun unless you end up horrified by what you might find.  If you go for the past option, you might have a preconceived notion of what it was like and that can be proven either right or wrong.  My idea of the future kind of scares me right now, so I'll go for the past.

On 12/12/2021 at 7:33 PM, Family sedan said:

Both could be awesome.  I guess seeing the future might be more fun unless you end up horrified by what you might find.  If you go for the past option, you might have a preconceived notion of what it was like and that can be proven either right or wrong.  My idea of the future kind of scares me right now, so I'll go for the past.

I have a feeling that getting something from the future would be more thrilling because as for what's in the past, it can be researched into. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Not every time I'll simply go backwards, even though I love some retro games, I prefer modernize games because they offer better graphics. 

Old games gives a special kind of feeling because you're now older and being more able to evaluate and appreciate the games better.