Register Now
Kane99

Splinter Cell Remake in the works

I did not see that coming, but honestly I'm so for it. Just hope they do the game justice and we don't get another story like GTA Trilogy remastered. It doesn't look like they show any footage for the remastered game, but it doesn't look to be a remake or reboot. I hope they don't ruin it. 

First Splinter Cell is one of my favorite games of all time. What saddens me is that judging by the views of new Splinter Cell videos, it seems that Ubisoft took too long to do anything with this franchise and people have already moved on and don't care about Splinter Cell anymore. I just really want these series to continue and be good.

10 hours ago, Empire said:

First Splinter Cell is one of my favorite games of all time. What saddens me is that judging by the views of new Splinter Cell videos, it seems that Ubisoft took too long to do anything with this franchise and people have already moved on and don't care about Splinter Cell anymore. I just really want these series to continue and be good.

I was just about to say it this exact thing - they've had Splinter Cell in limbo for close to a decade if not more. I love Splinter Cell and remember playing a lot of it on the original Xbox but with Ubisoft's recent track record, It's going to flop big time.

On 9/5/2022 at 11:44 AM, Empire said:

I liked Splinter Cell One and played it for a couple of months. For the fact that they did nothing about expanding and improving with new series for a number of years shows that they are not ambitious to make it in the gaming industry. 

4 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

I liked Splinter Cell One and played it for a couple of months. For the fact that they did nothing about expanding and improving with new series for a number of years shows that they are not ambitious to make it in the gaming industry. 

To be fair, they kinda pushed the franchise to its limits after a while. If anything this break was probably a good thing, since their last couple of games weren't as good. Last game they released in the series was Blacklist, which came out in 2013. So it has been quite a while. Nearly 10 years, damn. But I hope this remake turns out to be good. Here's hoping they also add a multiplayer mode. 

15 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

Maybe that the game is not want they expected on release and they did not see the point on doing so, I mean it's greatr and I live it. I wish I got into the game again. 

On 11/21/2022 at 6:01 AM, Justin11 said:

This is good , I haven't played the first release but my friend was a big splinter fan, what's the current status of this game and is it going to be eventually released?.

We haven't had a date for the release and nothing else has come out other than a remake has been confirmed.

On 11/27/2022 at 11:23 PM, killamch89 said:

We haven't had a date for the release and nothing else has come out other than a remake has been confirmed.

They haven't released detailed information about the video game release but atleast we already know it's in the making and we have something to look forward to.