Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did you ever get back in touch with old online gaming buddies years later?

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Some friends are simply worth it around our lives, they are even more than friends. I have one which is like a brother to me, he plays soccer with me. 

Exactly, it's actually why I take the time to make real friends, the ones that really matter that can offer something good to me and me to them. 

I looked through my Xbox friends list, where i have most of my gaming friends. I saw like half of them haven't been online for a long time. Usually it won't say if they were online if it's been a long time. Just says offline. Some will say online last, but not if it's more than a few years I imagine. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I looked through my Xbox friends list, where i have most of my gaming friends. I saw like half of them haven't been online for a long time. Usually it won't say if they were online if it's been a long time. Just says offline. Some will say online last, but not if it's more than a few years I imagine. 

You guys never had another means of connect off the gaming system? This is something that would have been very helpful for you in getting in touch with them. 

On 1/14/2022 at 9:29 AM, Boblee said:

Exactly, it's actually why I take the time to make real friends, the ones that really matter that can offer something good to me and me to them. 

That's 50/50, you offer your friend back what he or she offered you. I am simply talking about quality, and not making friends that isn't helpful in any way. 

32 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's 50/50, you offer your friend back what he or she offered you. I am simply talking about quality, and not making friends that isn't helpful in any way. 

Seriously, that's how frustrating it gets when you make the parasitic kind of friends who are just there to suck the life out of you. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, that's how frustrating it gets when you make the parasitic kind of friends who are just there to suck the life out of you. 

I just pray to God never to allow me get such sucking friends. They wouldn't make me go far enough in life. I just prefer having the fun with friends that matters to me. 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

You guys never had another means of connect off the gaming system? This is something that would have been very helpful for you in getting in touch with them. 

Most of the people I met on Xbox live were from other states and even countries. One of the guys we met online, actually talked about visiting for my bros graduation party, but he never showed up. Was pretty disappointed, but also not, because I was paranoid how he'd act towards us. 

But yeah, one of these days, I'm going to contact some of them and ask if they remember how we met, and on what games. 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:33 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah exactly, just get into channels that are efficient and effective when it comes to games that matters, then you can pick out those you went. 

Good one, I'll definitely embark on that, at this time I'm taking up lots of tasks online that wouldn't let me associate much there, but when I got time I'll do just that. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Most of the people I met on Xbox live were from other states and even countries. One of the guys we met online, actually talked about visiting for my bros graduation party, but he never showed up. Was pretty disappointed, but also not, because I was paranoid how he'd act towards us. 

But yeah, one of these days, I'm going to contact some of them and ask if they remember how we met, and on what games. 

You shouldn't give up then till you eventually get one who clicks so bad, he wouldn't like to disconnect. But, did you figure out why the guy didn't show up for the graduation? 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

What could have possibly kept him from coming since he already gave you his word? Did you try finding out why? 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

What could have possibly kept him from coming since he already gave you his word? Did you try finding out why? 

People will always have their own life to live and as such anything can come up for them and their initial schedule dashed. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

People will always have their own life to live and as such anything can come up for them and their initial schedule dashed. 

Yeah, that's correct. I have disappointed a few of my friends when I couldn't make it to their events but I always call to give them feedback. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:40 AM, Heatman said:

You shouldn't give up then till you eventually get one who clicks so bad, he wouldn't like to disconnect. But, did you figure out why the guy didn't show up for the graduation? 

I believe it was something to do with work or something personal. I don't quite remember as it was like 5 years ago maybe. But yeah, I think I still have him as a friend, maybe I'll reachout to him and see how he's doing.