Register Now
StaceyPowers

Video games might relieve depression in older adults

18 hours ago, Boblee said:

I wouldn't know how depression could affect or whether I'm ever going to be able to beat it. I'm very happy that you were able to beat yours. 

I would suggest that you never get to experience that for you to learn how it's going to be because there is nothing good about it. 

18 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's why I try to live as healthy as possible because it's the safest bet on not falling into depression once I live a happy and fulfilling life. 

Finding a tremendous way to stay at a room temperature is the best. Depression is a deficiency that leads to untimely death too. At the moment, I don't think much whenever it comes to stuffs perturbing or circling around my mind. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Finding a tremendous way to stay at a room temperature is the best. Depression is a deficiency that leads to untimely death too. At the moment, I don't think much whenever it comes to stuffs perturbing or circling around my mind. 

At least 2 of my friends committed suicide as a result of being depressed. I know very well that it can kill when you least expect it. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

At least 2 of my friends committed suicide as a result of being depressed. I know very well that it can kill when you least expect it. 

I read a report this morning where it was stated that Black's young boys that are committing suicide lately as a result of depression is on the increase. I can't imagine what's the cause of all of this. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

I read a report this morning where it was stated that Black's young boys that are committing suicide lately as a result of depression is on the increase. I can't imagine what's the cause of all of this. 

I know a lot of young folks that were hit very hard by the lockdown as a result of the pandemic of coronavirus. It wasn't easy at all and I'm sure some are still suffering from it. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's very pathetic to hear man, those your friends could've seek advise of people around them than taking such kind of inhumane step to condemn their God given life. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's very pathetic to hear man, those your friends could've seek advise of people around them than taking such kind of inhumane step to condemn their God given life. 

And to crown it all, when you look at them and their family background, it seems like they should be perfectly happy but that's not the case. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

And to crown it all, when you look at them and their family background, it seems like they should be perfectly happy but that's not the case. 

That shows how wicked depression can be. One might have all the smile on one's faces but they are dying inside. 

On 5/14/2022 at 6:05 AM, Heatman said:

That's because in life we are taught that by doing A,B and C or having A,B and C we should be happy when everyone has to find their own happiness.

8 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's because in life we are taught that by doing A,B and C or having A,B and C we should be happy when everyone has to find their own happiness.

Exactly, that's why we have a lot of lost souls walking about who don't really know what they want in life and that's a very big problem. 

There's also a lot of people who were never given a chance in life. We were put down and kept down. No one wanted us around, and everyone passed us over. They gave no consideration for us. We were kept in a locked closet, and rarely allowed out. We were held back at every opportunity.

Constant abuse from birth (physical, verbal, emotional, mental, all of the above in my case), keeps a person down. I wasn't given any kind of opportunity. I was the worlds whipping child. The only thing that has changed since then is my age.

Video games, have offered me a release from the world, but not really helped the depression. It returns as soon as I return.

On 5/14/2022 at 12:05 PM, Heatman said:

Hmm, at times it is caused by depression of life, not even due to illnesses or financial struggles. 

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

There's also a lot of people who were never given a chance in life. We were put down and kept down. No one wanted us around, and everyone passed us over. They gave no consideration for us. We were kept in a locked closet, and rarely allowed out. We were held back at every opportunity.

Constant abuse from birth (physical, verbal, emotional, mental, all of the above in my case), keeps a person down. I wasn't given any kind of opportunity. I was the worlds whipping child. The only thing that has changed since then is my age.

Video games, have offered me a release from the world, but not really helped the depression. It returns as soon as I return.

It's why some people are of the opinion that something more is needed than just video games alone to help deal with one's depression. They mainly serve temporary disconnection from being depressed. 

On 5/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, killamch89 said:

This is very true and it's what most people fail to understand. Even schools need to be take it up a notch with helping students know exactly what makes them happy and channel them towards it. By doing so, happiness would come naturally and depression would be far away. 

On 5/20/2022 at 8:40 AM, Boblee said:

This is very true and it's what most people fail to understand. Even schools need to be take it up a notch with helping students know exactly what makes them happy and channel them towards it. By doing so, happiness would come naturally and depression would be far away. 

You can't exclude the role parents have to play in this as well. Some parents are even the cause of depression for their kids. When they load a lot pressure on them, they tend to get frustrated with not being able to live up to their expectations.