Register Now
Kane99

Do you think you could handle the stardom of being a esports pro?

I wouldn't say esports draws a huge fandom, but there are fans of it for sure. Do you think you could handle the stardom that comes with being a pro esports player? I don't think I could do the public spotlight much. I could handle some of it, but I think eventually I would tire of the who idea of it. I'm a private person, and don't like to be shown to the world, so I don't think I'd be able to stay involved for too long. 

But what about you? Could you handle being an esports star? 

Like you said, eSports doesn't have the enormous fandom like Hollywood movies or music does. Some fame is fine, but when you can't even take a shit without a line of people waiting at the door to the bathroom wanting a pic or autograph, that's when it's gone too far. And yes that exact thing has happened. I don't remember who it was, but there was some actor that was out to eat, and when he came out of the bathroom, there was a literal line of people wanting pics and autographs as if it was a damn meet and greet.

Personally, I'm looking to take acting lessons to try to get some voice over gigs. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to do so, but here's hoping.

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Like you said, eSports doesn't have the enormous fandom like Hollywood movies or music does. Some fame is fine, but when you can't even take a shit without a line of people waiting at the door to the bathroom wanting a pic or autograph, that's when it's gone too far. And yes that exact thing has happened. I don't remember who it was, but there was some actor that was out to eat, and when he came out of the bathroom, there was a literal line of people wanting pics and autographs as if it was a damn meet and greet.

Personally, I'm looking to take acting lessons to try to get some voice over gigs. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to do so, but here's hoping.

It's extremely popular right now, i don't get into it much myself, but I know there's millions that watch and attend live events yearly. But the players aren't as famous as movie stars of singers like you said. But the sport seems to be growing in popularity so who knows what's going to happen 5-10 years from now. 

That's awesome! I wish you luck! 🙂👍

On 1/10/2022 at 3:35 AM, The Blackangel said:

That is awesome. I wish you the best of luck with this. 🙂 

Esports gamers don't have the popularity of actors or movie stars. It could get to that point later down the road in years. However, I don't think I could be a esports gamer. I am a private person and like to keep to myself. The pressure they must feel is unimaginable. I could not do that. 

On 1/9/2022 at 5:25 PM, Kane99 said:

I wouldn't say esports draws a huge fandom, but there are fans of it for sure. Do you think you could handle the stardom that comes with being a pro esports player? I don't think I could do the public spotlight much. I could handle some of it, but I think eventually I would tire of the who idea of it. I'm a private person, and don't like to be shown to the world, so I don't think I'd be able to stay involved for too long. 

But what about you? Could you handle being an esports star? 

There's not really stardom to competition on games. Some people, like the Japanese fighting game player Daigo, just pop into tournaments -- whoop people -- then quietly leave without saying very much at all.

2 hours ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

There's not really stardom to competition on games. Some people, like the Japanese fighting game player Daigo, just pop into tournaments -- whoop people -- then quietly leave without saying very much at all.

I feel like esports players are becoming more popular these days, especially with esports starting to grow into a massive thing. I can see some people not wanting the stardom, but I see a lot of teams out there who are becoming popular because of their skills and history gaming in tournaments. 

I think in the next 5-10 years esports is going to be at the best its ever been and I can see more people jumping into it. Hell, I may have to eventually. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I feel like esports players are becoming more popular these days, especially with esports starting to grow into a massive thing. I can see some people not wanting the stardom, but I see a lot of teams out there who are becoming popular because of their skills and history gaming in tournaments. 

I think in the next 5-10 years esports is going to be at the best its ever been and I can see more people jumping into it. Hell, I may have to eventually. 

There's only a handful of people that get promoted to that level, and let's just say that those people are generally aligned with a certain type of ideological thinking, and I'll leave it there. It's not related to skill entirely. Some skilled people get the promotions, other highly talented people the system tries to squash.

In the next 5 to 10 years, the e-sports industry will either be one of the largest international crime syndicates on the planet, or it will shut down in major areas, or it will downsize back to the way it was 10 to 20 years ago, or it will boom.

52 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

There's only a handful of people that get promoted to that level, and let's just say that those people are generally aligned with a certain type of ideological thinking, and I'll leave it there. It's not related to skill entirely. Some skilled people get the promotions, other highly talented people the system tries to squash.

In the next 5 to 10 years, the e-sports industry will either be one of the largest international crime syndicates on the planet, or it will shut down in major areas, or it will downsize back to the way it was 10 to 20 years ago, or it will boom.

Yeah, but aren't there many esports teams that are really huge and popular? Like that fazeclan for example. I'm not saying they're Hollywood level, maybe not even B level actor status, but I can see them being at least influencers as well.

I believe it will be used for crime a lot haha. With gamers it seems like every major venture is a fraud in some way. Like that CSgo lottery scheme that was cooked up by those youtubers years ago. 

With my anxiety and how I am around people socially there is no way I would be able to handle the stardom and the popularity that would come with being an esports pro, not in terms of going to tournaments that were filled with fans. Maybe if I was just an esports pro who only live streamed from say my own home it would be a different story, but I know as an esports pro, it would take a lot more than just streaming from your home and definitely not something I would be able to cope with at all. I prefer to keep myself to myself. 

If I were to achieve fame in any capacity, not just as an esports professional, I believe I possess the qualities necessary to handle stardom gracefully. I am inherently composed, patient, hold deep respect for all individuals, and firmly advocate for the principles of peace and love. 🙂