Register Now
Kane99

Do you think you could handle the stardom of being a esports pro?

I wouldn't say esports draws a huge fandom, but there are fans of it for sure. Do you think you could handle the stardom that comes with being a pro esports player? I don't think I could do the public spotlight much. I could handle some of it, but I think eventually I would tire of the who idea of it. I'm a private person, and don't like to be shown to the world, so I don't think I'd be able to stay involved for too long. 

But what about you? Could you handle being an esports star? 

Like you said, eSports doesn't have the enormous fandom like Hollywood movies or music does. Some fame is fine, but when you can't even take a shit without a line of people waiting at the door to the bathroom wanting a pic or autograph, that's when it's gone too far. And yes that exact thing has happened. I don't remember who it was, but there was some actor that was out to eat, and when he came out of the bathroom, there was a literal line of people wanting pics and autographs as if it was a damn meet and greet.

Personally, I'm looking to take acting lessons to try to get some voice over gigs. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to do so, but here's hoping.

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Like you said, eSports doesn't have the enormous fandom like Hollywood movies or music does. Some fame is fine, but when you can't even take a shit without a line of people waiting at the door to the bathroom wanting a pic or autograph, that's when it's gone too far. And yes that exact thing has happened. I don't remember who it was, but there was some actor that was out to eat, and when he came out of the bathroom, there was a literal line of people wanting pics and autographs as if it was a damn meet and greet.

Personally, I'm looking to take acting lessons to try to get some voice over gigs. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to do so, but here's hoping.

It's extremely popular right now, i don't get into it much myself, but I know there's millions that watch and attend live events yearly. But the players aren't as famous as movie stars of singers like you said. But the sport seems to be growing in popularity so who knows what's going to happen 5-10 years from now. 

That's awesome! I wish you luck! 🙂👍